home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #31
imahockeynut23
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Fantastic news! After my sellers returned their documents, it took about three weeks until I was in the system and able to make my reservation. I received a letter in the mail from Disney with my membership number. I then called member services tech support to get my club ID and activation code. That let me sign in to the DVC website and make a reservation!
So that would put me right at the end of May or early June if the seller gets his paperwork back just as quick I hope everything doesn't sell out prior because the 7 month window opens on the 16th of May.

I wish it wasn't such a long dragged out process it definitely makes it seem like Disney intentionally does this to people buying resale so it detours you from doing it and you have to buy directly through them.
imahockeynut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #32
imahockeynut23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
So Iíve got about another month at best :sigh:
So I signed my closing information and they received it as of last Monday still no update if they received the sellers documents yet so were still just standing still
Old 05-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #33
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #34
JCinWonderland
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahockeynut23 View Post
So I signed my closing information and they received it as of last Monday still no update if they received the sellers documents yet so were still just standing still
We have similar timing but your seller may be taking a bit longer since they are an international seller. Our closing paperwork and check were received by the title company last Monday as well. I emailed the title company last Thursday just to check on the sellerís paperwork and it had not been received yet. I emailed the broker we are working with yesterday for an update and to my surprise he emailed back and said the transaction closed yesterday. Iím thinking the title company must have received the documents from the seller right after I emailed them last week. I checked the Orange County Comptroller website today and our deed warranty is already registered with the county. That was a surprise. Iím anxious, so Iíll probably call member services at the end of next week, if I havenít received anything in the mail. Iíve heard from others that they might already be set up on their end by then. The wait goes on but getting closer! You are probably just a few days behind, so, just hold on a little longer.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #35
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
We have similar timing but your seller may be taking a bit longer since they are an international seller. Our closing paperwork and check were received by the title company last Monday as well. I emailed the title company last Thursday just to check on the sellerís paperwork and it had not been received yet. I emailed the broker we are working with yesterday for an update and to my surprise he emailed back and said the transaction closed yesterday. Iím thinking the title company must have received the documents from the seller right after I emailed them last week. I checked the Orange County Comptroller website today and our deed warranty is already registered with the county. That was a surprise. Iím anxious, so Iíll probably call member services at the end of next week, if I havenít received anything in the mail. Iíve heard from others that they might already be set up on their end by then. The wait goes on but getting closer! You are probably just a few days behind, so, just hold on a little longer.
Almost there!
Old 05-15-2018, 09:22 PM   #36
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Quote:
I checked the Orange County Comptroller website today and our deed warranty is already registered with the county. That was a surprise.
Congratulations! I remember the first time I saw my name on my DVC deeds. Pretty neat feeling!

After I saw my name recorded, I think it was about a week before I received a letter from Disney with my membership number. I was then able to call member services tech support and get my club I.D. to log in to the DVC web site. (If someone else is on your deed, he can also call to get his club I.D.)

I have heard that you might be able to call them and get set up before you receive the letter. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Oh, I also received a little welcome package (separate from the letter) with two DVC magnets.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:08 AM   #37
JCinWonderland
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Almost there!
Yes, finally! Thanks!

Quote:
Congratulations! I remember the first time I saw my name on my DVC deeds. Pretty neat feeling!

After I saw my name recorded, I think it was about a week before I received a letter from Disney with my membership number. I was then able to call member services tech support and get my club I.D. to log in to the DVC web site. (If someone else is on your deed, he can also call to get his club I.D.)

I have heard that you might be able to call them and get set up before you receive the letter. I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Oh, I also received a little welcome package (separate from the letter) with two DVC magnets.
I was completely surprised that the deed was registered with the OCC and on the website so quickly after close. Very welcome surprise!

You received your letter quickly, Sephorin. I would also be pleasantly surprised if we received our letter around this time next week. When you called for your club I.D., were your points already loaded into your account/membership, or did you have to wait a couple more days?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #38
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Quote:
When you called for your club I.D., were your points already loaded into your account/membership, or did you have to wait a couple more days?
Yes, the points were there! I logged in for the first time, and the points for both of my contracts were already combined and in the system. I was kind of surprised that everything went so smoothly.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #39
imahockeynut23

Quote:
Yes, the points were there! I logged in for the first time, and the points for both of my contracts were already combined and in the system. I was kind of surprised that everything went so smoothly.
GOOD NEWS!!! Just got and email and the deed closed and is on OC website. Hopefully this time next week I can book. Is it true that you could possibly call and get all the information over the phone too book prior. Just had a friend check and there is still availability for the week of my daughters birthday in December so trying to get it as fast as posssible.

Last edited by imahockeynut23; 05-18-2018 at 12:14 PM.