home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:10 AM   #161
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
All caught up! But there was so much I don't remember all of it.

I was in IL/MO last week with my parents and working, so I missed the storm. David was home and weathered Michael OK. He said it was a rough night with little sleep, but no damage for us and he only lost power a couple times, and then not for very long. There are lots of people around us that did lose power for a day though. Nothing as bad as in FL for sure. David did go buy a generator just in case. The storm also bumped the whole house generator up the list of stuff to do.

Jason - I do miss AZ, but mostly the peeps. I may be missing the weather more in Jan/Feb though.

Brian - Here's another to make it to Fri with the crazy work stuff.

Pam - Good luck on getting the season tickets.

Kristin - Hi!

Thanks, Norma. Glad no damage from the storm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Michigan does look pretty good.......

Who did they lose to this year

I looked into ND tix this year for when I want to go and figured I would sell the, to my friends from there at face value. The problem is with mandatory donations and fees the tickets wind up being twice as much as face states.

I am taking Kdog to San Diego next weekend for ND VS. NAVY, with a one day stop in Disneyland the day after for her birthday. When all is said and done I will have attended 4 NOTRE Dame games this year. Not including a bowl game if it works out.

Next weekend really does sound great, Mike. And nice on attending all those games this year!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #162
Yogi3323
Add-on Aficionado

Location: to Quote Bruce .. "somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
WHAT?? *dies*

Love ya Jason!!
sorry for the delayed response .. I had to allow the alcohol / drugs to clear my system ... definitely thinking more clearly now .. LOL!!!

Back at yeah Kristin!!!

Patriots are the favorite in the AFC, until somebody beats them ... or until Tom Freaking Brady retires ... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!

Quote:
I was in IL/MO last week with my parents and working, so I missed the storm. David was home and weathered Michael OK. He said it was a rough night with little sleep, but no damage for us and he only lost power a couple times, and then not for very long. There are lots of people around us that did lose power for a day though. Nothing as bad as in FL for sure. David did go buy a generator just in case. The storm also bumped the whole house generator up the list of stuff to do.

Jason - I do miss AZ, but mostly the peeps. I may be missing the weather more in Jan/Feb though.
Glad you all escaped serious damage Norma. How are you going to do with the humidity over the summer!!!

Quote:

I am taking Kdog to San Diego next weekend for ND VS. NAVY, with a one day stop in Disneyland the day after for her birthday. When all is said and done I will have attended 4 NOTRE Dame games this year. Not including a bowl game if it works out.
Really sounds like a great trip Mike ... 4 games + one more (shhhhhh) nice haul for the year
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #163
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Mike - That's some quality daddy/daughter time. Sounds like a fun trip to me.

Brian - Thanks.

Jason - Yeah, getting used to the humidity. The best part it is actually cools off in the evenings. You can roll down the windows in the car if you're out, not enough to open up the house at home though. In PHX, it was just hot all the time. Not that I'm complaining because I like the dry hot. For me it'll always be better to be dry and hot than wet and hot.

David went to the dentist today, they pulled a tooth and started an implant all in the same visit. His face on that side is all swollen, so I haven't asked him exactly what they did so he doesn't have to talk. But OUCH!

Here I go wishing my life away, but come on weekend!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #164
mousefan1972
Grand Villa

Quote:

Kristin - Hi!
Hi Norma! Howís life as an East Coaster?

Quote:
Michigan does look pretty good.......

Who did they lose to this year

I looked into ND tix this year for when I want to go and figured I would sell the, to my friends from there at face value. The problem is with mandatory donations and fees the tickets wind up being twice as much as face states.

Mike that sounds awesome. We are huge ND fans. DS13 fully intends to go there and play lacrosse. He did a lacrosse camp last summer and one of the coaches is a player there. Heís from the next town over from us. He ended up giving him a private lesson after camp one day. Was wicked cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi3323 View Post
sorry for the delayed response .. I had to allow the alcohol / drugs to clear my system ... definitely thinking more clearly now .. LOL!!!

Back at yeah Kristin!!!

Patriots are the favorite in the AFC, until somebody beats them ... or until Tom Freaking Brady retires ... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!
It has to be soon. If Gisele has her way this will be his last year. How are you doing? Think of you and your boys every so often.

Hi Dan, Karl, Brian, Sue, Pam, Julie, Amy, Kristen, Janet, John, Rick, Nancy, Mike S, Jenn, Dorene, and anyone I may have missed.
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #165
mousefan1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
Mike - That's some quality daddy/daughter time. Sounds like a fun trip to me.

Brian - Thanks.

Jason - Yeah, getting used to the humidity. The best part it is actually cools off in the evenings. You can roll down the windows in the car if you're out, not enough to open up the house at home though. In PHX, it was just hot all the time. Not that I'm complaining because I like the dry hot. For me it'll always be better to be dry and hot than wet and hot.

David went to the dentist today, they pulled a tooth and started an implant all in the same visit. His face on that side is all swollen, so I haven't asked him exactly what they did so he doesn't have to talk. But OUCH!

Here I go wishing my life away, but come on weekend!
Poor David! Hope he feels better soon.
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #166
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Hi Norma! How’s life as an East Coaster?

Mike that sounds awesome. We are huge ND fans. DS13 fully intends to go there and play lacrosse. He did a lacrosse camp last summer and one of the coaches is a player there. He’s from the next town over from us. He ended up giving him a private lesson after camp one day. Was wicked cool.

It has to be soon. If Gisele has her way this will be his last year. How are you doing? Think of you and your boys every so often.

Hi Dan, Karl, Brian, Sue, Pam, Julie, Amy, Kristen, Janet, John, Rick, Nancy, Mike S, Jenn, Dorene, and anyone I may have missed.
That is great about ND and knowing whoever you know helps. When I go out in November I rent a house with 10 guys, 2 of them were all american at ND in Lacrosse and still have plenty of ties if you ever need a name to drop. One of them lives in San Diego and I will see him next weekend.

That reminds me on one of favorite college acronyms......being from Mass you know what BC stands for right?:

Because they Couldn't get into ND

But I shouldn't use it because I couldn't get into either

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #167
mousefan1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
That is great about ND and knowing whoever you know helps. When I go out in November I rent a house with 10 guys, 2 of them were all american at ND in Lacrosse and still have plenty of ties if you ever need a name to drop. One of them lives in San Diego and I will see him next weekend.

That reminds me on one of favorite college acronyms......being from Mass you know what BC stands for right?:

Because they Couldn't get into ND

But I shouldn't use it because I couldn't get into either
Thatís great. And true. We went to the BC- ND game last fall in Boston, all decked out in our ND gear. Would love to see a game in South Bend. Where do you fly into? Chicago? ND was at my sonís school last night giving a talk on the admission process. Quite a few kids from his school end up going there. About 60 (out of 300) go to BC...
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #168
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thatís great. And true. We went to the BC- ND game last fall in Boston, all decked out in our ND gear. Would love to see a game in South Bend. Where do you fly into? Chicago? ND was at my sonís school last night giving a talk on the admission process. Quite a few kids from his school end up going there. About 60 (out of 300) go to BC...
I always fly into South Bend. On Sunday's there is a non stop coming home. When I go out on a Thursday you have to connect through Detroit(and wave to Dan and Kim). It is a bit more expensive but I have had some nightmare trips flying into and out of Chicago. On Sunday morning it seems everyone is driving I80 back to Chicago and getting on a flight at the same time. The extra money to go into and out of ND far outpaces the piece of mind it saves.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:39 AM   #169
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Ouch for David, Norma! Hope he recovers quickly.

Hi Kristin! Hi everyone else.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote