home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #21
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
We were also at Monday night's MNSSHP and can confirm the short wait times. When our log arrived back at the Splash Mountain starting point and there was no one in line, the CM asked if we wanted to ride again. Heck yeah!
Handfulls of candy being given out (especially around 11:00), plenty of room to watch fireworks instead of the typical sardine-can. The only negative was where we stood opposite Liberty Tree Tavern to watch the 2nd parade: the cart ran out of popcorn!!
A bunch of the stands at MK shut down well before closing on Saturday night. It irked us a little bit because the kids all wanted popcorn. Maybe they ran out as well???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
Sounds great! Did party once probably 7 years ago.......going home veterans weekend ! We have rotated Columbus day weekend and Vet weekend for F & W the last 4 years. My DH is a veteran and very involved in activities here so he doesn't like to miss the parade here etc. My only grip is Columbus day was sooooo hot last year...how bad was it this year???
It was manageable this year. I think the highs were 90-91 degrees during the day. At night, there was a nice breeze that kept it in the mid 70s to low 80s while we were out but with the breeze. The days felt as hot as summer days, but the nights were much cooler and pleasant.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #22
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
Sounds great! Did party once probably 7 years ago.......going home veterans weekend ! We have rotated Columbus day weekend and Vet weekend for F & W the last 4 years. My DH is a veteran and very involved in activities here so he doesn't like to miss the parade here etc. My only grip is Columbus day was sooooo hot last year...how bad was it this year???
Tuesday was the worst day: the weather app said it felt like 101-degrees with the heat and humidity. We finished all of our rides at HS about 2:00 and were headed out of the park to the buses when the torrential rains started. We took cover under the Starbucks canopy until the rain stopped. We just about got on to the WL/CCV bus when the next round came in.
Of course, all of our luggage had already been sent to the airport when we checked out at 11:00A (we had a 5:00P DME pickup time), so it was a tough decision to either wear sweaty/wet shirts, or change into the sweatshirts we were planning on wearing once we arrived in Hartford. We changed, but Hartford was 70 degrees when we landed. Not exactly sweatshirt weather, but at least we were dry...

NOV 2005 Grand Floridian (cash) - engagement!
FEB 2007 Port Orleans Riverside (cash)
APR 2009 Polynesian (cash)
JUN 2011 Contemporary (cash)
OCT 2011 Contemporary (cash) - MNSSHP
! New DVC Owners !
OCT 2013 BLT/VGF opening day
MAY 2014 BLT
OCT 2014 BLT - MNSSHP
MAY 2016 AKV - MK After-Hours
AUG 2016 VGF
OCT 2016 BLT -MNSSHP
APR 2017 OKW
OCT 2017 VGF - MNSSHP
DEC 2017 BLT
APR 2018 Coronado Springs (cash)
SEP 2018 BCV
OCT 2018 CCV -MNSSHP

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #23
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
We left the party just after 11pm because we were all so tired. The party went on for another hour. When we went to the buses, we just had to wait on one to get there. Everyone in line was able to get on the bus though.

Sci-Fi was actually very quiet. It is pretty dark in there, so I think everyone keeps their voices down. Now that I think about it, it is always quiet in there when we eat there. It is quiet, cooler, and so much fun. I have never noticed a sound problem. It was quite the opposite as I remarked this trip about how quiet it was.

All very good to know. Thank you for replying! There isn't any availability at Sci-Fi for the night we are there, so I'll keep stalking reservations. Thanks again for your trip report!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #24
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Our oldest grandson (5) is sound sensitive. He has never been able to watch the fireworks, the parade........even dining at Mickey's BBQ was too much for his ears. On our last trip, we bought a noise canceling headset ($25) and what a game changer. Seeing his face light up watching fireworks was priceless. There was nothing he could not ride, do or see when he wore the headset.

Hmm...I may have to grab a pair of these. Sounds like they are well worth it! Thanks for the suggestion!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #25
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
Tuesday was the worst day: the weather app said it felt like 101-degrees with the heat and humidity. We finished all of our rides at HS about 2:00 and were headed out of the park to the buses when the torrential rains started. We took cover under the Starbucks canopy until the rain stopped. We just about got on to the WL/CCV bus when the next round came in.
Of course, all of our luggage had already been sent to the airport when we checked out at 11:00A (we had a 5:00P DME pickup time), so it was a tough decision to either wear sweaty/wet shirts, or change into the sweatshirts we were planning on wearing once we arrived in Hartford. We changed, but Hartford was 70 degrees when we landed. Not exactly sweatshirt weather, but at least we were dry...
About 3 or 4 years ago, I started carrying a change of clothes for all of us in my carryon. Our issue was that sometimes my kids would spill stuff all over themselves. Itís not as much of an issue now, but it still happens. Also, when youíre going away from home, you have clean clothes in the event your bags are lost or delayed.

Regarding the weather, it poured on Monday when we were leaving. It barely rained the other 5 days we were there. With all that heat, humidity, and no rain, it was bound to start raining a lot at some point. Sorry it happened on your trip.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #26
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote