home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #691
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
You have until 2 days prior to your check-in date to add/remove a dining plan. Payment is due in full at the time it's added to the reservation.

To switch plans, they might have to refund the unwanted plan and then purchase the new one.
Sounds like a major pain. Iíll just try and make up my mind before I buy, then stick to it! Thanks!
Old 10-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #692
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Default MK Bakery - Rice Krispie Balls

Does anyone know if they discontinued the Rice Krispie balls always sold in a bag at the bakery? We buy them every trip and last week we tried for several days and they weren't there. We asked CM's and they were very busy and didn't seem to know anything.

Yes, I make Krispie Treats at home but there's something special to us when we eat those in the a.m. and bring back in our totes.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #693
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Does anyone know if they discontinued the Rice Krispie balls always sold in a bag at the bakery? We buy them every trip and last week we tried for several days and they weren't there. We asked CM's and they were very busy and didn't seem to know anything.

Yes, I make Krispie Treats at home but there's something special to us when we eat those in the a.m. and bring back in our totes.

Did you try the Confectionery? Thought thatís where all of those were. Or is that what you meant?
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:21 AM   #694
FCivish3
Studio

I thought that free use of laundry facilities was one of the benefits of DVC at all of the resorts. However I was just shocked on a stay at Polynesian to find out that the washing machines cost $3 per load and dryers cost $3 per load. I knew there were no washing machines in the units at Polly but I thought the use of them was still free other than the cost to purchase soap and other supplies. How long has it been like this? And is there a similar cost at any of the other resorts. I have to admit that I myself have not done laundry for several years at one of these resorts. But I needed to on this most recent trip.

Poly, AKL, BLT
FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:57 AM   #695
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
I thought that free use of laundry facilities was one of the benefits of DVC at all of the resorts. However I was just shocked on a stay at Polynesian to find out that the washing machines cost $3 per load and dryers cost $3 per load. I knew there were no washing machines in the units at Polly but I thought the use of them was still free other than the cost to purchase soap and other supplies. How long has it been like this? And is there a similar cost at any of the other resorts. I have to admit that I myself have not done laundry for several years at one of these resorts. But I needed to on this most recent trip.
Did you go to the laundry room in Moorea or elsewhere? The machines in Moorea should be free as those are for the Villas.

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #696
FCivish3
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Did you go to the laundry room in Moorea or elsewhere? The machines in Moorea should be free as those are for the Villas.
No. I went to the laundry room over at LiloĎs playhouse. I went there because my son called and asked the front desk where the laundry was. And thatís where they directed him. Even though we were staying in a DVC room at Tokelau, and they knew it.

Poly, AKL, BLT
FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #697
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
No. I went to the laundry room over at LiloĎs playhouse. I went there because my son called and asked the front desk where the laundry was. And thatís where they directed him. Even though we were staying in a DVC room at Tokelau, and they knew it.
Only designated DVC laundry rooms are free. The other laundry rooms in the resort are pay as you go.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #698
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Only designated DVC laundry rooms are free. The other laundry rooms in the resort are pay as you go.
Your magic band is programmed to get you in the door if you are staying at dvc villa.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote