home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 01:41 PM   #221
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I don't necessarily think MS can always control it. I've made a reservation and both the CM and I discussed who was lead and it still ended up being someone else. I suspect that paperwork will go to her. MB's can be set up to ship to different addresses. The only thing with check in is sometimes they have a difficult time locating you if you're not the lead. If so just give them your sisters name as the lead so they can find the reservation. Once they do that they'll find you and anyone on a reservation can check in when they wish. And often they can find anyone no matter what their "position" on the reservation.

You also can call MS and have them change it back to you for lead. Or at least try to.
Ugh didnít think about the consequences of not being lead on the reservation-
We will be there for a moonlight light magic event-
Hope it doesnít cause issues with signing up this week.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #222
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Ugh didn’t think about the consequences of not being lead on the reservation-
We will be there for a moonlight light magic event-
Hope it doesn’t cause issues with signing up this week.
I think you should be ok.....or at least if there are issues signing that's not likely to be the cause of them - just general IT problems with the sign ups!
Old 04-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #223
Malmel
Studio

Default Rat

I've only made reservations using the RAT, but I think there's another way online? A different page maybe? Is it better?
Old 04-15-2018, 11:04 PM   #224
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmel View Post
I've only made reservations using the RAT, but I think there's another way online? A different page maybe? Is it better?
The link on the RAT takes you to the online booking web page. You can access it directly instead of going thru the RAT via any "online booking" link.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #225
chunter
Two Bedroom

Got my room booked! Super excited! Rented points from a fellow mouseowner!

Check in Jan 4, Checkout Jan 11 at the boardwalk.

Question: How are the crowds in Jan.? Heavier for first week in Jan. when kids might still be out of school?

Also, random question about Annual Passes, technically how do the fastpasses work for those? Do they have to book them 60 days in advance? Realistically, do most people just see what fastpasses are avail night or so before?
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:57 AM   #226
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post

Question: How are the crowds in Jan.? Heavier for first week in Jan. when kids might still be out of school?

Also, random question about Annual Passes, technically how do the fastpasses work for those? Do they have to book them 60 days in advance? Realistically, do most people just see what fastpasses are avail night or so before?
I did the first nonholiday week of Jan for several years (ending 2016). Parks weren't that crowded even though it is Marathon Week.

AFIAK Fastpasses don't depend on the type of ticket. I've always had APs and yes you can book FP+ 60 days in advance.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #227
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:

Check crowd calendars at touring plans to get a sense of what is expected. You'll have the NYE crowd tailing off but then the marathon crowds ramping up. Expect for the buses to take a really long time to get anywhere on 1/8 and 1/9. Those might be good days to walk to DHS or Epcot.

Fastpasses work the same with AP as with tickets. You need to link your reservation to MDE for all people on the reservation, and then 60 days out you can book FP. You should be able to make reservations for your whole stay 2 months out from arrival. Do not wait until the night before to see what's available though. There will be little to nothing
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #228
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I think you should be ok.....or at least if there are issues signing that's not likely to be the cause of them - just general IT problems with the sign ups!
Kinda expecting problems...reservation is made with an initial direct 50pt - purchased just slightly before the 75point membership requirement purchase and my resale add-on. Hoping for a miracle and the email for registration shows up.

Quote:

January isn't my favorite time to travel- crowds are IMO as hard to predict as the weather. - it's a delicate art-form to try to avoid school break, marathoners, MLK weekend and now Festival of the Arts.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #229
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Your last question almost gave me a heart attack! Even during slower months you should try to have an idea of which parks you will be in which days and which rides are on your "must do" list. Most likely your must do list will be the same as many others' lists and at 60 days out you need to be on your computer when the FP booking time opens to book FPs for the "IT" rides in each park! Luckily you have some time to research and plan!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #230
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Kinda expecting problems...reservation is made with an initial direct 50pt - purchased just slightly before the 75point membership requirement purchase and my resale add-on. Hoping for a miracle and the email for registration shows up.

January isn't my favorite time to travel- crowds are IMO as hard to predict as the weather. - it's a delicate art-form to try to avoid school break, marathoners, MLK weekend and now Festival of the Arts.
We like it at that time of year. Crowds are crowds (but not as sweaty).
Festival of the Arts is a good option for EPCOT with Broadway style music on the weekend calendar, open kitchen food options, & art performances with walk-in diorama photo ops. Enjoy free photo pass with your AP, too.
We tour in Jan/Feb due to attending a convention offsite and have a wonderful time with cooler weather. We still get to enjoy the hot tubs even if its too cool for pool.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote