home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > "Mick"-boxing (a.k.a. The Exercise Forum)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
pdude81
Grand Villa

Default DVC/AP Early Marathon Registration

I just realized I registered for the marathon last April and didn't want to miss my DVC early window... but somehow it seems they don't know when that's going to be. The race goes on sale to everybody in a week so I don't understand how they don't know when the presale starts.

Has anybody seen more information about this? Registration page links to perks pages, which say to check the registration page.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

DVC Member* BENEFITS

As part of your Disney Vacation Club Member benefits, be among the first to register for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by MISFIT™ taking place November 1-4, 2018 at Walt Disney World® Resort!

Prepare to feast on an exciting menu of races celebrating your favorite Disney chefs during Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend! We are serving up the Disney Fall Feast 5K, Disney Wine & Dine 10K, runDisney Kids Races and the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon to cap off the weekend. Plus, runners can take on the Disney Two Course Challenge, combining the 10K and Half Marathon, to earn the coveted Challenge medal. You won't want to miss this event where there will be plenty of surprises, Disney entertainment and an exclusive Post-Race Party for runners and their guests!

The early registration period for DVC Members will begin on Friday, March 16, 2018 at noon ET/9:00 a.m. PT and remain open until 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT on Monday, March 19, 2018 or until capacity limits are reached.

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend will go on sale to the public on March 20, 2018 at noon ET/9:00 a.m. PT.

Learn more about Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend!
Old 04-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
pdude81
Grand Villa

I was able to find information for the Wine and Dine Half, but the full in January isn't up yet as best I can tell (4/17 is regular registration):

2019 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna
Event Dates: January 9 – 13, 2019
Registration: Early registration dates coming soon—visit runDisney for race details
Old 04-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I was able to find information for the Wine and Dine Half, but the full in January isn't up yet as best I can tell (4/17 is regular registration):

Registration: Early registration dates coming soon—visit runDisney for race details
Correct, 4/17 is when the race will open to all registrants. I am assuming that the week prior it will open to DVC members.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Correct, 4/17 is when the race will open to all registrants. I am assuming that the week prior it will open to DVC members.
Thanks. As best I can tell it looks like this the DVC window was the 4 days prior to delayed registration opening for Wine and Dine, so I'll have to check back over the weekend.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:11 PM   #6
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post

Seems like all race registrations have been delayed for awhile. More info coming in June!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

From the RunDisney website:

"UPDATE REGARDING REGISTRATION DATES. We are working to create a more streamlined race registration experience for runDisney participants. As a result, registration for the 2018-19 Walt Disney World race event weekends will be temporarily delayed; however, all races are still scheduled for this season as planned. Registration for this summer's Virtual Running Shorts Series and the June 5K will open on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at noon ET. We apologize for the delay and will have more information to share on June 1 regarding registration for all remaining races. "

There's been a lot of talk that Active may be having issues with credit card fraud or CC numbers being stolen from them. That's sounding more plausible as something like that would be a reason for a huge delay.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
From the RunDisney website:

"UPDATE REGARDING REGISTRATION DATES. We are working to create a more streamlined race registration experience for runDisney participants. As a result, registration for the 2018-19 Walt Disney World race event weekends will be temporarily delayed; however, all races are still scheduled for this season as planned. Registration for this summer's Virtual Running Shorts Series and the June 5K will open on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at noon ET. We apologize for the delay and will have more information to share on June 1 regarding registration for all remaining races. "

There's been a lot of talk that Active may be having issues with credit card fraud or CC numbers being stolen from them. That's sounding more plausible as something like that would be a reason for a huge delay.
Ah, thanks. I'm not a huge fan of Active as it is, but perhaps they are under a multi-year contract and can't easily bail. I don't buy that they need until 6/1 to work on the ease of registration