home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2015, 12:52 AM   #11
Viget99
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default New DVC owner...

.... long time renter. I have been to BCV, VWL, AKV, and BLT.. I've been to WDW probably 20 times or so, went annually from age 1 to 13 and probably at least 8 times in the past 15 years.

We just bought 150 points at BCV from the person we'd been renting from as she was looking to unload and thought of us first given all the repeat business we'd given her. She gave us quite a nice deal.

More recently, I got addonitis and since my DW just LOVES the Poly and has always wanted to stay there, we just bought 200 Poly points (which unfortunately we can't use for this UY).

Anyway, we are very happy to finally be DVC members and not have to rent all the time. We like to bring our parents (sometimes both sets at once!) so having access to 2BR villas is huge and very cost effective over multiple hotel rooms at a Deluxe.

Looking forward to meeting new people here and discussing all things Disney. We also love DCL and have been on 2 cruises thus far with a dummy date booked and plans for a summer 2016 Alaska cruise.
Viget99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:31 AM   #12
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Hi! We bought into the VGF last February and I've been spending a ton of time on this site ever since. Thank you to all who post, and DVC Mike your polls are awesome! Just had our first stay as members at BWV for a close walk to Epcot with my in laws two weeks ago. Five nights at our home resort coming up this May, and then another four nights with friends in a two bedroom villa for F&W. Never would've ever dreamed that I'd some day visit WDW 3 times in the same year. We're loving our membership so far, and really looking forward to years of memories with my son Max who just turned 3 years old on the Fantasy a couple weeks ago. Great times!
Rigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:55 AM   #13
DVC Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viget99 View Post
.... long time renter. I have been to BCV, VWL, AKV, and BLT.. I've been to WDW probably 20 times or so, went annually from age 1 to 13 and probably at least 8 times in the past 15 years.

We just bought 150 points at BCV from the person we'd been renting from as she was looking to unload and thought of us first given all the repeat business we'd given her. She gave us quite a nice deal.

More recently, I got addonitis and since my DW just LOVES the Poly and has always wanted to stay there, we just bought 200 Poly points (which unfortunately we can't use for this UY).

Anyway, we are very happy to finally be DVC members and not have to rent all the time. We like to bring our parents (sometimes both sets at once!) so having access to 2BR villas is huge and very cost effective over multiple hotel rooms at a Deluxe.

Looking forward to meeting new people here and discussing all things Disney. We also love DCL and have been on 2 cruises thus far with a dummy date booked and plans for a summer 2016 Alaska cruise.
Viget99!
DVC Information is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:56 AM   #14
DVC Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
Hi! We bought into the VGF last February and I've been spending a ton of time on this site ever since. Thank you to all who post, and DVC Mike your polls are awesome! Just had our first stay as members at BWV for a close walk to Epcot with my in laws two weeks ago. Five nights at our home resort coming up this May, and then another four nights with friends in a two bedroom villa for F&W. Never would've ever dreamed that I'd some day visit WDW 3 times in the same year. We're loving our membership so far, and really looking forward to years of memories with my son Max who just turned 3 years old on the Fantasy a couple weeks ago. Great times!
Rigby!

And thanks for the nice words.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:57 AM   #15
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica92603 View Post
Hi all! New to the site. Looking to buy into DVC after taking my kids (4, girl and 2, boy) on their first trip this past September. I hadn't been in almost 20 years! We stayed at AKL and looking at making that our home location. Hoping to find a lot of information and answers on these boards!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles53 View Post
Hello. New to this msg board. I have been following this site for some time. Love all the info that is available to help plan the magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
Hi! I've already posted a few times, but DW and I bought on our honeymoon on DCL in December of 2013, then promptly moved to Hawaii and started going to Aulani.
Welcome to MO!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:58 AM   #16
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:

Congratulations and Welcome to MO!!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:59 AM   #17
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Welcome - Not many of us would make so many trips within a year without our DVC. Enjoy!!

Old 02-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #18
HowManyPoints
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Hello, MO!

Hi, all!

I made Labor Day reservations @ BWV (a rental through David's) last week. It got me thinking about buying. I have seen the DVC kiosks around WDW, but always thought it would be too expensive. Plus, I've never been too keen on timeshares.

Since then, I've looked at resale prices and have been learning all I can here. MouseOwners has been such a great resource. Now we are considering buying. I'll keep you posted if we decide to jump in!
HowManyPoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #19
DVC Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyPoints View Post
Hi, all!

I made Labor Day reservations @ BWV (a rental through David's) last week. It got me thinking about buying. I have seen the DVC kiosks around WDW, but always thought it would be too expensive. Plus, I've never been too keen on timeshares.

Since then, I've looked at resale prices and have been learning all I can here. MouseOwners has been such a great resource. Now we are considering buying. I'll keep you posted if we decide to jump in!
Old 02-12-2015, 12:32 AM   #20
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your purchase!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyPoints View Post
Hi, all!

Welcome aboard to both of you.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote