home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #1
MJ4EMS
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Disney veteran dvc novice :d

Hello fellow DVC Renters and Rentees,

I signed up for this forum a few days ago and thought I should introduce myself. First, I'm a HUGE fan of Epcot! If I could live there, I probably would. haha
I live on the East Coast, relatively close to Washington D.C., but in a nice rural area. My daughter and I love to travel! When she was 12 we decided to bring "family" back into Christmas and started doing trips instead of gifts. Best idea ever! Now Christmas mornings are filled with presents that include puzzles, games, or scavenger hunts for her, and she has to figure out where we are going on our trip. Good Times!

As for work - I am a paramedic, hence not so squeamish here! haha In my spare time I have been volunteering on projects to improve the lives of the seniors in my community. Besides traveling, I also love to swim and play tennis.

So far my experience on this board has been great! I have chatted up some really nice folks and only encountered one cranky person. lol

Cheers!
~ Jen

Edited out particulars of a request for a desired rental. This isn't the appropriate forum for that.
MJ4EMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Welcome, Jen. I love Epcot too, maybe not as much as I did 30 years ago, but still a favorite of mine. I'm excited to know they are going to put a ton of money back into it, but a little nervous that we'll whitewash it's roots rather than update them.

Anyway, we're all cranky at one point or another. Some more than others. Enjoy
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
MJ4EMS

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Welcome, Jen. I love Epcot too, maybe not as much as I did 30 years ago, but still a favorite of mine. I'm excited to know they are going to put a ton of money back into it, but a little nervous that we'll whitewash it's roots rather than update them.

Anyway, we're all cranky at one point or another. Some more than others. Enjoy
Thanks for the welcome and true story on the cranky part!

I'm happily surprised they are putting more money into Epcot. A few more thrill rides would be awesome! Nothing beats the food there though!

Cheers
Old 05-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Running EMT calls in the DC area can make for a strenuous day!
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:16 PM   #5
MJ4EMS

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
Running EMT calls in the DC area can make for a strenuous day!
It has it challenges thats for sure! The worst was the 24 hour shifts, but I switched to 18's and sometimes I even get the luxury of 12's!

Thanks for the welcome!

Cheers!
Old 05-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

As an Epcot fan, I hope you've had the pleasure of staying at the Epcot resorts. To me, the best part is being able to enter the IG at 9:00, getting breakfast at France, then just sitting in the areas of Epcot that you can access and listening to the themed music.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #7
MJ4EMS

Default Same Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
As an Epcot fan, I hope you've had the pleasure of staying at the Epcot resorts. To me, the best part is being able to enter the IG at 9:00, getting breakfast at France, then just sitting in the areas of Epcot that you can access and listening to the themed music.
Thanks for the welcome! My daughter and I stayed at the Beach club just for one night - New Years Eve night and it was epic! We entered through IG and since we had signed up for fast pass, we were able to have breakfast in France, hit all the rides, went back to the hotel and took a nap, then hit the rest of the fast pass rides later in the afternoon. We also booked a dinner reservation in Morocco, and ended up with a table outside right next to the water! We ate delicious Moroccan food, while viewing the New Year's Eve fire works from our table. Best night ever! I can't wait to go again this year!

Cheers
Old 05-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #8
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4EMS View Post
Thanks for the welcome! My daughter and I stayed at the Beach club just for one night - New Years Eve night and it was epic! We entered through IG and since we had signed up for fast pass, we were able to have breakfast in France, hit all the rides, went back to the hotel and took a nap, then hit the rest of the fast pass rides later in the afternoon. We also booked a dinner reservation in Morocco, and ended up with a table outside right next to the water! We ate delicious Moroccan food, while viewing the New Year's Eve fire works from our table. Best night ever! I can't wait to go again this year!

Cheers
I've had great times at the Swan as well if renting isn't an option for you on a particular trip.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #9
MJ4EMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I've had great times at the Swan as well if renting isn't an option for you on a particular trip.
Good to know! I currently have a reservation (I can cancel up until Dec 25) at the Dolphin (I'm assuming they are similar) just in case I can't find a place on here within my budget. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Welcome! We are huge fans of Epcot too! I think we spend more time there than anything else.