home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 AM   #61
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Was at Disney last week for 9 days. Trash pick up every day and was seamless. We left room at all times of the day and returned at various times. Trash was picked up while we were gone every time. Never once felt like our privacy was violated or inconvenienced. AKV Jambo handled it amazingly.
That's the way it's supposed to happen, and if it does, that's good.

Dirk
Old 02-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #62
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Except that all of that could have already been done in the past. Whether you knew it or not, someone could have been in there. Substitute maintenance for housekeeping and there you go.
"Paranoia, the destroyer"
- The Kinks

Cheers.
There are two complaints associated with this.

One is from people who don't want housekeeping or outsiders in their room at all, under any circumstances, full stop. A variation on this is those who don't want anybody in their room when they aren't there. It's not paranoia. It's caution, just like you lock your door when you leave your home, and I lock mine.

I live in an apartment complex. I'm fully aware that in the event of an emergency, the landlord will enter under any circumstances. Key word: emergency. Most reasonable people accept that.

The other complaint is that Disney has moved to policy where there is no "Do Not Disturb" and has stated to guests calling and inquiring that "Room Occupied" is merely a suggestion and that they will feel free to ignore it. There is no grace period - not "Room Occupied" for 8, 12, or 24 hours (which is the policy in national chains that have gone in this direction), but it could be "Room Occupied" for 8 minutes. Their schedule is more important than yours, the paying guest.

Caring about this isn't paranoia. Disney is unique in the industry for embracing a policy that puts guests on notice they may well be disturbed and puts the onus on the guest to avoid that. And they claim to be a leader in customer service. Bah.

My friends in the hotel industry are laughing at the stupidity of this.

My own bottom line: Disney doesn't disrupt me, and I won't make a fuss to them. They disrupt me, and both Disney and I are going to have a very bad day.

Dirk

Last edited by carolina_yankee; 02-01-2018 at 09:46 AM.
carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:20 PM   #63
bigmac0712
One Bedroom

Here at BWV now, our first trip with the new policy. Wanted to see how it went without us giving any kind of time to front desk ( although we did have to give a new credit card at check-in and no one asked us on their own, but I'm not sure they're supposed to bring it up unless asked).

This morning we left the room at 730am and I made sure to take the sign off the door. Got back at 130pm for my exhausted daughter and husband to nap. Put the sign back on the door. At 2pm someone called from housekeeping saying they know sign was up but "there's a new policy and they need to send someone by." I'm not one bothered by the new policy but had a bit of frustration with the woman on the phone saying we'd been out for 6 hours when they could've come in and people were now napping. She offered to send someone by later today at whatever time I wanted. I asked if someone could come right now so I can open the door without knocking to wake them. Someone came 2 minutes later, nice gentleman maybe 70 years old holding a roll of trash bags. I was standing outside with door cracked and said we didn't need trash emptied, people were napping, but if he needed to walk in to look he could quietly. He smiled, said no problem, and that we were all set.
bigmac0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #64
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Was at Disney last week for 9 days. Trash pick up every day and was seamless. We left room at all times of the day and returned at various times. Trash was picked up while we were gone every time. Never once felt like our privacy was violated or inconvenienced. AKV Jambo handled it amazingly.
I like hearing this! Jambo is our next destination. Hope our experience is as great as yours!
Old 02-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #65
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I like hearing this! Jambo is our next destination. Hope our experience is as great as yours!
Jambo is my very best favorite. They always seem to have their act together. Have a wonderful trip!
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #66
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Jambo is my very best favorite. They always seem to have their act together. Have a wonderful trip!
Thank you! It will be our first time to stay there. Since my daughter really likes resort time, Iím looking at some of the extra offferings like the night time safari. We are expecting to have a great time!
Old 02-03-2018, 07:22 PM   #67
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
........Iím looking at some of the extra offferings like the night time safari.
We've done the night safari there out of Kidani twice. WELL worth it.

best,

...........john
Old 02-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #68
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
We've done the night safari there out of Kidani twice. WELL worth it.

best,

...........john
Thank you! Iím going to show her some pictures later and get her opinion, but I think she will want to try it.
I canít remember, are we allowed to use the pools at both resorts, or just Jambo?
Old 02-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #69
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thank you! I’m going to show her some pictures later and get her opinion, but I think she will want to try it.
I can’t remember, are we allowed to use the pools at both resorts, or just Jambo?
You can use both pools. There is a walking path between the two resorts or you can use the shuttle they have. We like to stay off the Zebra trail seeing it's easier access to the pool and food. When you are in the lobby, facing the beautiful huge windows at the back of the building, the hallway would be on the right.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:08 PM   #70
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
We're not in our room much - we come and go thru out the day so it's been kinda nice not having to worry about wrecking the housekeepers schedule by appearing and causing her to jump to the next room.

However ... if they're gonna empty the trash they might as well drop a coffee packet on the counter.

Seriously thru, as we're not in our room much, our trash cans don't fill. By the fifth day the most that is filled is the recycle, and that can is built to hold a case of beer so in our case are they gonna just keep taking the whole bag every day for a couple of tissues? That seems wasteful versus helpful.
We just returned from a 6D at BCV and the trash was emptied every day when we were out except for one day when we noticed they had k-9 trucks in the forecourt so I guess the K-9 meant there wasn't need to empty the trash. So it worked well. Still think it was a waste but whatever .....

BTW, at MCO a k-9 unit was brought in and we all went thru security without unloading or undressing