home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-22-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Default Daily Housekeeping And Trash Service Coming

Just got the email. Great news! Should roll out to all DVC resorts in the beginning of the new year.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Angel1123
One Bedroom

Just saw that as well! Though I like not having to pick up the room and putting away all the iPads, etc daily
Angel1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
yahoo
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

well , with all that time I usually have on my hands getting up early at 5:00 am , bagging the trash around the room/bathroom and putting it at the door to be picked up , what will I do now ?? ha
yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #4
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1123 View Post
Just saw that as well! Though I like not having to pick up the room and putting away all the iPads, etc daily
Seems like you're not alone. I just saw this mentioned in another thread and it seems like most agree with you. I find that so odd. We love coming back to a clean room when on vacation. Beds made, fresh towels, trash emptied. Love that stuff!
Old 12-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #5
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Wow

Already they cant get the rooms clean by 4 pm

I wonder if this will help or slow things down even more?

we sleep in. (And we have time change).

I hope they dont call room and pound on the door to get us out, as maids have done in the past.

We'll see how this works out. I love a clean room, but would like a way to opt out if desired.

Goldi

Last edited by goldilocks_63; 12-23-2017 at 10:39 AM.
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I thought it was just daily trash service and same towel service. I see the wording with housekeeping, but it led me to believe that housekeeping services weren’t changing. Can anyone weigh in on this?
Old 12-22-2017, 03:51 PM   #7
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

I also took it to mean Housekeeping stays the same way. "Regular" means normal, as in the old schedule.

One of the things I love about DVC is NOT having someone come into the room for 4 days.

I definitely would not want daily service as we take out our own trash very easily, make the bed and straighten up before we leave each day.

I need to reread the info about the 'other' new program re Housekeeping entering rooms because of Vegas. Understandable to a degree, but doesn't thrill me to pieces either.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

If it were a full service cleaning like on the cash side, they would have to hire a lot more mouse keepers!
Old 12-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #9
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
I also took it to mean Housekeeping stays the same way. "Regular" means normal, as in the old schedule.

One of the things I love about DVC is NOT having someone come into the room for 4 days.

I definitely would not want daily service as we take out our own trash very easily, make the bed and straighten up before we leave each day.

I need to reread the info about the 'other' new program re Housekeeping entering rooms because of Vegas. Understandable to a degree, but doesn't thrill me to pieces either.
I think you're right I read it wrong. Darn.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
Fiveresorts
One Bedroom

I believe this is to get someone in the room everyday as kind of a security thing to make sure no one is planning a Las Vegas Style event.