home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-25-2017, 05:51 PM   #51
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post

If one is disturbed enough to sell, feel free. It isnít going to change.

I donít care for the change either, but from all appearances theyíre trying to make it as unobtrusive as possible.
I have two fears. The first is related to me. I know that I will have to pack everything up every time I leave the room. The thought that someone is free to rifle through my stuff would drive me crazy. If I don't pack up, I will worry the whole time that I am out. This will get old very fast.

The second fear relates to my experiences with housekeeping in the past. Everything may be fine now, but what happens when the supervisor no longer accompanies the cleaner. Will they barge in without knocking? Will they steal stuff? Will they bang on the door and wake me when I am sleeping because I have the latch on the door? We are in the room a lot and we keep odd hours.

We are certainly considering selling. We won't make a final decision until we have tried out the new system. We have a five day trip scheduled for Feb. We will see if our vacation is ruined. If I can't stand it after a couple of days, we can leave early and then sell.

This is really not a small change. It is a major violation of privacy.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:21 PM   #52
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
I have two fears. The first is related to me. I know that I will have to pack everything up every time I leave the room. The thought that someone is free to rifle through my stuff would drive me crazy. If I don't pack up, I will worry the whole time that I am out. This will get old very fast.

The second fear relates to my experiences with housekeeping in the past. Everything may be fine now, but what happens when the supervisor no longer accompanies the cleaner. Will they barge in without knocking? Will they steal stuff? Will they bang on the door and wake me when I am sleeping because I have the latch on the door? We are in the room a lot and we keep odd hours.

We are certainly considering selling. We won't make a final decision until we have tried out the new system. We have a five day trip scheduled for Feb. We will see if our vacation is ruined. If I can't stand it after a couple of days, we can leave early and then sell.

Except that all of that could have already been done in the past. Whether you knew it or not, someone could have been in there. Substitute maintenance for housekeeping and there you go.

That said, do what you have to do. Just know it may not be different anywhere else short of your own place.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #53
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Iíd say just go into the next trip with an open mind and the expectation that you will have a great time as usual. Hopefully, that will be the case. If it truly changes the way you feel while at Disney, it sounds like you have a back up plan. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 12-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #54
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

If one is disturbed enough to sell, feel free. It isnít going to change.
and I would make a wager that Disney feels the same way.
jedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #55
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Iíd say just go into the next trip with an open mind and the expectation that you will have a great time as usual. Hopefully, that will be the case. If it truly changes the way you feel while at Disney, it sounds like you have a back up plan. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Thank you for your support. I am quite thrown by this daily inspection thing. This is all happening the same week that we passed ROFR on some more points at AKV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
and I would make a wager that Disney feels the same way.
I am well aware of Disney's attitude.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:59 PM   #56
debabe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
The wack job in Vegas had more than a gun in a duffel. He had a Arsenal that went unchecked because.... he was a high roller. He built platforms for a perfect shooting range. Why was that able to happen? Because he had a corner suite was a high roller a DND sign and he could. What he was able to bring up to the hotel is a completely different story and will be involved in lawsuits for years to come.
Obviously there is always a way to try to circumvent security measures. Does that mean we just donít bother? It is trash removal for Godís sake not a strip search! You want to leave your crap around and be messy, go ahead. They have seen worse. Everybody is sooo put off until something happens and they would/will be the same screaming that Disney should have done something. Should have known better. You canít have it both ways. Reality, life is not always convenient! Disney will at most make it as inatrusvive, but the rest deal with 2017 or stay home.
These are the times we live in and we have to adjust and adapt. We have accepted the routine for flying, with TSA lines and security warnings; on my last few flights to MCO, my check-in luggage was inspected.

We all go through the bag search at the entrance to the theme parks. Or, we have learned to carry less and avoid the hassle.

I do enjoy spreading out everything in my room, so I don't see me packing up everything for the daily cleaning. I usually have multiple electronic items plugged in & charging during the day, and never had anything touched. The housekeeping staff already seem to be working very fast-paced, so I don't think they will spend much time in each room during the 'inspection' and the trash removal & towel change.

Actually, I like the additional trash pick-up: we always seem to have an overflow of garbage and recyclables. Regarding the towels, I throw my damp towels in the dryer when I leave for the Parks each day, and I try to re-use them the next day. If towels seem untouched on the towel bar, housekeeping doesn't replace.

I only hope I get a sense of when they may pop in 'cuz sometimes I like to take an afternoon nap...

Just my two cents...

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:26 PM   #57
The Crusher
Studio

Left OKW today after a 4 night stay. We stayed 3 nights at Vero prior to OKW. Someone came in daily, at both locations, to empty the garbage. However, on our 4th day, I had to call housekeeping for towels, soap and toilet tissue.
We also experienced a few IT issues.
But not one unpleasant CM. Sometimes stuff happens, but the CMs at OKW never disappoint.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:30 PM   #58
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Thank you for your support. I am quite thrown by this daily inspection thing. This is all happening the same week that we passed ROFR on some more points at AKV.

I am well aware of Disney's attitude.
if its any consolation I felt exactly the same way...and I had not even had my first stay as an owner yet.

My son an I took our first DVC trip in Jan.... I was paranoid about locking up our electronics in the safe and then locking the key in my car when we went to the parks. No one came to empty the trash at all! Like many others have complained about, after a long night @ magic kingdom and slow monorail service ( over an hour to get back ) mouskeeping @ Poly was knocking just after 8 am after I stated check-out was at 11 and we would not be leaving until then.

Honestly, the safes are a little tiny but it only took 2 seconds to secure our things.
We had an amazing time and it wasn't nearly as intrusive as I had imagined.

That said the ridiculous double security checkpoints we experienced using the monorail definitely changed our minds about ever staying at a monorail resort ever again. That was a complete inconvenience and complete waste of my time. Having to go through at the resort than again at Epcot took nearly an hour and a half. Just silly, divert the people coming from the monorail past the checkpoint, they have already been searched.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:50 PM   #59
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Except that all of that could have already been done in the past. Whether you knew it or not, someone could have been in there. Substitute maintenance for housekeeping and there you go.
"Paranoia, the destroyer"
- The Kinks

Cheers.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #60
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Was at Disney last week for 9 days. Trash pick up every day and was seamless. We left room at all times of the day and returned at various times. Trash was picked up while we were gone every time. Never once felt like our privacy was violated or inconvenienced. AKV Jambo handled it amazingly.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote