home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2021, 12:49 PM   #1
Jwgolden
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Reducing an existing reservation

I have an existing 8 day reservation and may need to reduce the number of days of the reservation to 7 days. Is that possible to reduce the number of days of any reservation without needing to cancel the existing reservation and create a new reservation? Would MS do that for you?
Jwgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Yes, very easy and you can do it online yourself. Go into view the reservation and you'll see a modify option. Then go thru the steps choosing just the days you want to keep and finalize the reservation. It holds what you have and changes to what you choose.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #3
Jwgolden
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you. It is quite easy.
Jwgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:06 PM   #4
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Yes, very easy and you can do it online yourself. Go into view the reservation and you'll see a modify option. Then go thru the steps choosing just the days you want to keep and finalize the reservation. It holds what you have and changes to what you choose.
Thanks! I do this all the time, but I thought I had to call MS to do it,and it seems to take forever Next time I think I'll try it myself I'm very computer illiterate, but you make it sound like even I might be able to do it I hope so, because I hate that phone call
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:06 PM   #5
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Agree.

I do this online all the time.

I also use the modify online button to reallocate points to use banked or borrowed points that were returned after a cancellation. That frees up current use year points that can be banked. I just keep dates, room, guess & resort the same.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:38 PM   #6
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Agree.

I do this online all the time.

I also use the modify online button to reallocate points to use banked or borrowed points that were returned after a cancellation. That frees up current use year points that can be banked. I just keep dates, room, guess & resort the same.
Yep. It has to be the best, most useful enhancement they've done with the online booking system since the actual implementation of it.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:42 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Thanks! I do this all the time, but I thought I had to call MS to do it,and it seems to take forever Next time I think I'll try it myself I'm very computer illiterate, but you make it sound like even I might be able to do it I hope so, because I hate that phone call
If you can make the reservation online then I know you can modify it! And it does a decent job of outlining what you have booked (at the top of the page when you are modifying) and what you are changing to (right where you are selecting the dates and it shows the point totals). It also won't actually finalize a change until the very last page so you can go thru everything except to finalize the booking and back out and you'll still have what you started with.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:32 PM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Yep. It has to be the best, most useful enhancement they've done with the online booking system since the actual implementation of it.

Most definitely!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote