home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-17-2017, 02:50 AM   #551
Janice2014
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa1 View Post
Once you enter the park a cast member will put a special party wristband on you. That is all you need to show after that if even asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
As mentioned they look at the wrist band you are given. Having an actual ticket will not change or limit being checked. And the cardstock is just the normal stock - no "collectors" interest in it.
Thanks everyone for the information. Glad I asked you all first.

Getting Soooooo excited

Counting Down BWV 2017 Oct/Nov
Janice2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:15 AM   #552
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

Are there any rides you can't use a GAC on?
For the first time I am considering getting a GAC due to a health issue.
JaneBanks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #553
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBanks View Post
Are there any rides you can't use a GAC on?
For the first time I am considering getting a GAC due to a health issue.
We've never been told there were any exclusions and have used it for FoP, NRJ and FEA.

FYI, it's now DAS (Disability Access Service) and is electronic. After you get setup at a Theme Park Guest Relations location, you go to the standby entrance of the attraction. There a CM with a handheld device will scan a MagicBand/Card and issue a return time which will be 10 minutes less than the posted standby wait time.. When you return to the attraction, go to the FP+ queue and the DAS holder will need to scan his/her MagicBand/Card first.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...rd-fact-sheet/

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:06 AM   #554
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Finally have a question that probably belongs in this thread since I'm embarrassed I don't know the logistics of this

My husband and I currently have APs that expire in October. I need to renew them for our November trip sometime in the next 2 weeks before our FP+ window opens up. This is the first time we've had DVC APs that we've needed to renew.

How does that process work?

- Do I call MS to renew with the DVC discount?

- Do I get a new voucher number that I then plug into MDE website so that it knows we've renewed?

- Once we get to Disney, I'm assuming we need to stop by a ticket counter to get a new "hard card" to show for discounts, or if my existing hard card doesn't show a date can I just continue using the old one?

Thanks!
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #555
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseKayC View Post
- Do I call MS to renew with the DVC discount?
Yes. Also, as long as you renew by 9/30, you will get an additional 30 days on the renewed pass.

Quote:
- Do I get a new voucher number that I then plug into MDE website so that it knows we've renewed?
Yes

Quote:
- Once we get to Disney, I'm assuming we need to stop by a ticket counter to get a new "hard card" to show for discounts, or if my existing hard card doesn't show a date can I just continue using the old one?
You need to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to activate the renewal. At that time, the CM should issue you a new AP Card to use for any discounts.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #556
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Yes. Also, as long as you renew by 9/30, you will get an additional 30 days on the renewed pass.

Yes

You need to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to activate the renewal. At that time, the CM should issue you a new AP Card to use for any discounts.
Great, thanks so much!
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #557
popprincess
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Annual Pass discount at restaurants

How do I get the annual pass discount added to our table service restaurant bill? For instance, I see the Grand Floridian Cafe is now up to 30% off for dinner during certain hours. We will not be on the dining plan. Do I just scan my magic band for payment and they'll see that I'm an annual pass holder?

Thank you!
popprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #558
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by popprincess View Post
How do I get the annual pass discount added to our table service restaurant bill? For instance, I see the Grand Floridian Cafe is now up to 30% off for dinner during certain hours. We will not be on the dining plan. Do I just scan my magic band for payment and they'll see that I'm an annual pass holder?

Thank you!
Just tell your server that you are a passholder and request the discount. They will be able to confirm your AP via your magic band.

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is online now   Reply With Quote