home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-12-2022, 02:17 PM   #1
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Default Genie+ Question

I am traveling with friends later this year, a few nights at WDW and then a Halloween on the High Seas cruise.

I have an Annual Pass

They can see that they have purchased tickets with Genie+ already added.

Can I add Genie+ to my AP now for the days that I want it? If so, any ideas on how I do that?

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:23 PM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I am traveling with friends later this year, a few nights at WDW and then a Halloween on the High Seas cruise.

I have an Annual Pass

They can see that they have purchased tickets with Genie+ already added.

Can I add Genie+ to my AP now for the days that I want it? If so, any ideas on how I do that?
AP holders can only purchase Genie+ on a day by day basis after midnight on the day you want to use it.

Since you have people in your group that have tickets with Genie+ already included, you may have an issue trying to purchase Genie+ for your AP. You might need to call tech support in the AM to purchase.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:28 PM   #3
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Oh, bummer

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:43 PM   #4
pdude81
Grand Villa

Yes, beware of this as JaxFLBear mentioned. If you can't add it yourself for some reason in the app, head down to the front desk and they should be able to purchase and load it for you.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:55 PM   #5
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
AP holders can only purchase Genie+ on a day by day basis after midnight on the day you want to use it.

Since you have people in your group that have tickets with Genie+ already included, you may have an issue trying to purchase Genie+ for your AP. You might need to call tech support in the AM to purchase.
I was told (and it was our experience) that this issue is limited to those who have multiple profiles with varied ticket types (some with G+ and some without) all controlled under one MDE account. Since our daughters have their own access, my wife had no issues with this when she traveled with them. Since DS13 is still controlled under my account, we DID run into the issue. So, hopefully, it would not be a problem for OP.

That said, there is a phone number that is specifically for immediate G+ and ILL issues. That number is (407) 939-4357. I had to call the number each morning, but got through without a wait every time and was done in about 5 minutes. I preferred this to having to go down to the front desk, risk being behind others needing help, etc.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:58 PM   #6
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
I was told (and it was our experience) that this issue is limited to those who have multiple profiles with varied ticket types (some with G+ and some without) all controlled under one MDE account. Since our daughters have their own access, my wife had no issues with this when she traveled with them. Since DS13 is still controlled under my account, we DID run into the issue. So, hopefully, it would not be a problem for OP.

That said, there is a phone number that is specifically for immediate G+ and ILL issues. That number is (407) 939-4357. I had to call the number each morning, but got through without a wait every time and was done in about 5 minutes. I preferred this to having to go down to the front desk, risk being behind others needing help, etc.
This is good info. I have to save it somewhere for future reference.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:41 PM   #7
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
This is good info. I have to save it somewhere for future reference.
Yes - it was actually some of the most pleasant and expedient customer service I've had from Disney in a long time.

Of course, make sure you have your cc out - as you will need to give them that info.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:16 PM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

FYI that is the generic IT number for Disney for website, MDE, and IT issues. I remember it because 4357 is HELP on phones and commonly used for IT lines. There must be a prompt just for Genie+ now because when I called in November for MDE issues when trying to check in, I was on hold. As an FYI though front desks have their own direct IT line too if there are issues that need to be addressed asap as well.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:13 AM   #9
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
FYI that is the generic IT number for Disney for website, MDE, and IT issues. I remember it because 4357 is HELP on phones and commonly used for IT lines. There must be a prompt just for Genie+ now because when I called in November for MDE issues when trying to check in, I was on hold. As an FYI though front desks have their own direct IT line too if there are issues that need to be addressed asap as well.
This is correct. When you get on the line, there is a prompt that tells you to press a number for immediate needs regarding G+ and ILL. In each case, I was immediately connected to live support with no wait.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:24 PM   #10
lacro
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:

Good info. Has anyone had an issue with regular park hoppers for their party and a few people already having Genie + attached? It seems like an AP mixed with regular tickets seems to be a common issue.
Appreciate your help.
lacro is offline   Reply With Quote