home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-21-2022, 10:58 PM   #291
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
kinda sad to see regulars fade off...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I was thinking the same exact thing. Years ago I was in a Disney chat room that was going strong until one of the more popular posters “discovered” FB and created her own group. They started dropping like flies, jumping over there. I’m not a FB person so I was one of the few who still posted on the forum. That’s actually how I ended up over here as I wanted to be a part of conversations with many points of view and that quiet forum just didn’t do it anymore. I just worry we may be going in the same direction, especially with the Admins on a break (miss you Dirk, Tom and Kim).

Unfortunately the vast majority of that group has been gone from here for years now.

I’ll most likely be here until the end, but for me at least we had pretty much lost that feeling before any mention of shutdown.

Definitely shows the importance of keeping in touch via other means.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:08 PM   #292
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
kinda sad to see regulars fade off...
It is. As a long timer here, I’m happy to say that I can (and often do) text everyone in this group except Bob. Bob is Facebook friends with my precious, so I certainly do have an opportunity to contact him directly. Many in this group have vacationed together, or met at WDW, or been at each others home at one point or another. I know I’m not alone when I say that my life has been truly blessed and enriched by knowing these folks.
I’m happy to see you newish ones come along as well.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:09 PM   #293
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sounds accurate to me. And I think you got them all in your summary!
Thank you my friend! I think I may have misspelled Louis’ name though.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:11 PM   #294
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I was thinking the same exact thing. Years ago I was in a Disney chat room that was going strong until one of the more popular posters “discovered” FB and created her own group. They started dropping like flies, jumping over there. I’m not a FB person so I was one of the few who still posted on the forum. That’s actually how I ended up over here as I wanted to be a part of conversations with many points of view and that quiet forum just didn’t do it anymore. I just worry we may be going in the same direction, especially with the Admins on a break (miss you Dirk, Tom and Kim).
Hi Beth! You were a semi regular here for a while. I thought for sure we would meet up at some point after you moved to the mitten state…… then you sold and moved away…. There’s still time to meet up at WDW though!!
Old 05-21-2022, 11:14 PM   #295
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

[quote=Brian5581;1740

I’ll most likely be here until the end, [/QUOTE]

You and me pal!
Old 05-21-2022, 11:33 PM   #296
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Hi Beth! You were a semi regular here for a while. I thought for sure we would meet up at some point after you moved to the mitten state…… then you sold and moved away…. There’s still time to meet up at WDW though!!
Hi there! Yes, I knew I was accepted into the group when Brian started listing my Bears with the wins and losses list! Isn’t it funny how life happens….when we moved to the mitten I thought life would slow down and allow for meet and greets and more traveling to see new things. Well, being there definitely created more traveling, back to Illinois to see my kids and Grandbaby! Now we are back home (I know, crazy to be back to Illinois taxes!) and thinking about all the things we missed while living up north. Hopefully now that things are getting more normal Disney wise, meet ups will happen. Will love to meet up with you and so many other fellow MOs sometime soon.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:06 AM   #297
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
It is. As a long timer here, I’m happy to say that I can (and often do) text everyone in this group except Bob. Bob is Facebook friends with my precious, so I certainly do have an opportunity to contact him directly. Many in this group have vacationed together, or met at WDW, or been at each others home at one point or another. I know I’m not alone when I say that my life has been truly blessed and enriched by knowing these folks.
I’m happy to see you newish ones come along as well.

Well said. Some closer than family.

Quote:
Thank you my friend! I think I may have misspelled Louis’ name though.

Close enough!

Quote:
You and me pal!

Absolutely.

Quote:
Hi there! Yes, I knew I was accepted into the group when Brian started listing my Bears with the wins and losses list! Isn’t it funny how life happens….when we moved to the mitten I thought life would slow down and allow for meet and greets and more traveling to see new things. Well, being there definitely created more traveling, back to Illinois to see my kids and Grandbaby! Now we are back home (I know, crazy to be back to Illinois taxes!) and thinking about all the things we missed while living up north. Hopefully now that things are getting more normal Disney wise, meet ups will happen. Will love to meet up with you and so many other fellow MOs sometime soon.

Aww, back on my list once football resumes.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:45 PM   #298
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Not sure why it took me years to discovered the Chatty group but I'm glad that I have. My youngest and I just returned from a trip to London and Paris. Loved it however vacationing at WDW is easier. LOL!!
Old 05-24-2022, 09:06 PM   #299
reblzmom
Grand Villa

I miss all the old chatting too! And I am not on Facebook so I am out of that loop too. I check in often.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:26 AM   #300
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Our youngest and I have returned from our 9 day Trafalgar Tour of London and Paris. We had a wonderful time. I haven't traveled overseas since '77 and I was wondering how I'd handle the long flight. I actually did well. The newer international planes have so much onboard free entertainment that didn't exist 40+ years ago. Trafalgar was a great choice. The hotels were very conveniently placed by tourist attractions. The itinerary provided guided tours to the main tourist attractions with plenty of free time that could be filled with optional guided tours. We only did two optional tours - both in Paris. We preferred to use our free time to enjoy the cities on our own. The Director of the tour would give us ideas of places to visit, which we appreciated.

Amazingly the entire trip was mask less. No masks required at the Philadelphia airport, on the planes, on metro, buses, ferry - it was kind of amazing. We did need to test 24 hours before returning to the US, which was $17 euro and quick. I have to admit that some of the crunchy areas (changing of the guard & Versailles) I was a bit uncomfortable.

Saturday we're off to WDW for a long weekend. I am hoping it's as mask free as going to Europe.