home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-19-2022, 12:12 PM   #231
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Ok this is just giving a range for ownership. It doesn’t say GF is 31,000. Riv and Aul might be 31K, GF is not going to sell for the low end of the pricing. The last number was $255 direct. It will not be lower. Incentives will bring the price down.
This is new territory. I don't recall available resorts really going for different prices (incentives aside) before. Only sold out. RR sales haven't been outstanding. Outside of GF fans VGF looks less appealing if direct.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:14 PM   #232
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I think the resort studios should have been 1 or 2 points less than the deluxe studios, too, but I am still considering purchasing an add there. Depends on the price. I love the GF and would like to stay there 2 or 3 nights prior to our usual Holiday stay in a 1 bedroom at the BWV. A hotel room for 2 or 3 nights won't be a problem for us.
It's crazy to me the new resort studios are the same number of points as the deluxe studios -- and it feels unfair to me as an original VGF owner. But, maybe the two beds as opposed to the deluxe studio layout will be super popular and won't add the pressure I worry it will add to booking in the original building.

Where I'm Going 2022:
Grand Californian - Sunday, January 2 - Friday, January 7, 2022
Aulani - Friday, January 7 - Sunday, January 16, 2022
Hilton Head - Thursday, June 30 - Friday, July 15, 2022
Beach Club - Sunday, July 31 - Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Last edited by cmrdgrs; 02-19-2022 at 02:14 PM. Reason: correction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:06 PM   #233
GrumpyInPhilly
One Bedroom

Own @ BCV. Love GFV as well. Usually book 1BRs since we don't like a single queen bed and don't like the sofa beds. Would definitely consider VGF resort studio since it has 2 real beds.
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:09 PM   #234
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyInPhilly View Post
Own @ BCV. Love GFV as well. Usually book 1BRs since we don't like a single queen bed and don't like the sofa beds. Would definitely consider VGF resort studio since it has 2 real beds.
The original VGF are removing the sofa beds and replacing with queen Murphy beds as we speak. These new ones will not have a kitchenette if that matters.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:19 PM   #235
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
It's crazy to me the new resort studios are the same number of points as the deluxe studios -- and it feels unfair to me as an original VGF owner. But, maybe the two beds as opposed to the deluxe studio layout will be super popular and won't add the pressure I worry it will add to booking in the original building.
Like with all dvc each person has there own individual preference. Style, location, studios, 1 bed, 2 beds, 3 beds, point saving rooms...

My biggest problem with this new add on is the point chart. TP rooms are about 5 points higher than LV. Unless there are very few of them the points are going to be really screwing over old owners if the demand for the old building is really high and they realign the point charts raising the old building and lowering the new building. No micro and refrigerator is a big negative for us. One or 2 nights ok but I don't want to be doing split stays all the time.
Old 02-20-2022, 08:44 AM   #236
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

No microwave or refrigerator?
That's not a DVC room. That's a hotel room on points.
Old 02-20-2022, 09:29 AM   #237
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

It is nice to have a 2 bed option choice as before the only DVC option was OKW. I have to say the only service we use in the studios kitchenette is coffee maker, toaster and fridge for beverages.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:08 AM   #238
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Pop Century even has a fridge!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:19 PM   #239
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Yup, not a dvc room without those. More pressure o the old rooms with millions of more points in the system.
Old 02-20-2022, 03:59 PM   #240
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
The original VGF are removing the sofa beds and replacing with queen Murphy beds as we speak. These new ones will not have a kitchenette if that matters.
I Have not stayed in a studio at VGF, but I remember hearing that there is very limited storage space in them. I wonder if this will be corrected as well.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote