home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2022, 11:47 AM   #1751
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Need to show room key from a participating hotel.
Is this really all it takes? It's not hard to hang onto a key for a resort. Seems the link to MDE would make much more sense (and would fit into the scanning system that they are using to check for many of these events).
Old 05-25-2022, 12:00 PM   #1752
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Is this really all it takes? It's not hard to hang onto a key for a resort. Seems the link to MDE would make much more sense (and would fit into the scanning system that they are using to check for many of these events).
You are supposed to link them to MDE and scan a band/card/ticket/whatever you have for entry. That way they can easily scan to see who you are. I haven't stayed at one in a while, but that is what I read when I was thinking of staying in one in November.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:10 PM   #1753
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
This is what's posted on the Swan/Dolphin website regarding Early Entry & Extended Evening Hours:
Quote:
A Park reservation and valid ticket or pass for the same Park on the same date and valid Resort ID are required.
https://swandolphin.com/activities/s...sney-benefits/
Old 05-25-2022, 01:05 PM   #1754
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
This is what's posted on the Swan/Dolphin website regarding Early Entry & Extended Evening Hours:

https://swandolphin.com/activities/s...sney-benefits/
I guess I wonder wonder what the actual practice is. I could see this statement being on a website, while linking to MDE is still the actual expectation. Never stayed at any of the resorts in question, so I have no clue!!
Old 05-25-2022, 01:22 PM   #1755
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
I guess I wonder wonder what the actual practice is. I could see this statement being on a website, while linking to MDE is still the actual expectation. Never stayed at any of the resorts in question, so I have no clue!!
For EMH in the past we had to link reservations to MDE in order to get through the appropriate areas with MB. This was specifically at the Swan, but before the Covid shutdown. They may have loosened this up but I can't imagine why. If you were making reservations from the Resort Guest bucket you'd need to use your confirmation number, though you could have made reservations separately from the regular ticket bucket.

The ETPE page just says resort ID, which is a bit ambiguous. I know when I enter early they check our reservations and the number of people on them, and I am always on site.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:19 AM   #1756
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Default Park Reservations & modifying/cancellation

So, I discovered this issue yesterday and it’s frustrating. I went to cancel today’s MK park pass on the app. No dice although in the beginning this was possible. Went to website. No dice. What popped up was the same screen as the app. Thru a round about way, I came upon our list of park reservations and only mine were there…sort of. DD’s were there for July. DH’s were there for March of 2023 and that’s it. I did cancel mine but there is no way to cancel DH’s. I care about this a tad, but more about the fact that I’m unable to adjust any park reservations for DH thru January of 2023

Anyone else have this issue or is it just my IT frustration at this time?

Last edited by Eeyorelover22; 05-26-2022 at 12:52 PM.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:41 AM   #1757
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Had same cancellation problem a few weeks ago. Did not want to go to the park I had reserved (EP) and instead wanted AK. I couldn't cancel anywhere.

Thank goodness we were staying at BWV so we walked over the Guest Services outside Gateway. They switched parks and said we cannot do ourselves anymore. No explanation. What a waste of a Guest Service CM's time.
DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:01 AM   #1758
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Had same cancellation problem a few weeks ago. Did not want to go to the park I had reserved (EP) and instead wanted AK. I couldn't cancel anywhere.

Thank goodness we were staying at BWV so we walked over the Guest Services outside Gateway. They switched parks and said we cannot do ourselves anymore. No explanation. What a waste of a Guest Service CM's time.
Us too. DH had health issues one day and we didnít want to get on a bus and go all the way to MK just to tap in so we could get into Epcot in the evening. Wonderful front desk CM at BWV said we could no longer do it ourselves the day of but he did it for us.

This just needs to end.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:33 PM   #1759
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

It would seem that the IT conundrum is specific to my account. Thatís really very special. I feel special. Iíd rather have a free

Wait time is greater than 30 minutesÖguess Iíll do my laundry while I wait. It was once 2+ hours. Have some and eat my zebra domes.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:49 PM   #1760
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Us too. DH had health issues one day and we didnít want to get on a bus and go all the way to MK just to tap in so we could get into Epcot in the evening. Wonderful front desk CM at BWV said we could no longer do it ourselves the day of but he did it for us.

This just needs to end.
Thatís super annoying.

My IT problem is different as itís all of ours not being readily available and DHís are not there at all except March 2023.