home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
KShack11
Two Bedroom

Talking HalloWishes Dessert Party Announced for MNSSHP!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...arty-for-2015/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...rtyfor20150005

For my fellow MO's going to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year looks like we have something new to spend our money on! I'm on hold now to get a ressie since I can't seem to get one online. Good luck!

EDIT: Online finally went through. I had to go through the actual descriptive page of the event (2nd link).
KShack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
Sbundick
Studio

I love the mouse but another $69.00 after I paid extra for the party?
Sbundick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
KShack11
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbundick View Post
I love the mouse but another $69.00 after I paid extra for the party?
True. But a guaranteed spot to watch the fireworks and parade with minimal crowds and waiting time is worth it for me since we are a party of 5 with kiddos.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
eileenkeeney
Passing the time on a more satisfying site

Quote:
Originally Posted by KShack11 View Post
True. But a guaranteed spot to watch the fireworks and parade with minimal crowds and waiting time is worth it for me since we are a party of 5 with kiddos.
This was pretty much my first Disney Halloween Party experience, minimal crowds, and great viewing spots without having to fight crowds for them.
This I found to be worth paying the Halloween Party price for.
But this was for a 6 hour party.

$69 for a party that is not much longer than the length of a fireworks show seems a bit steep.
I know it comes with deserts, but who needs that much desert?

Now if it was a full luxury dinner, with Disney Halloween Characters, and the fireworks view, I would consider it.
eileenkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:20 PM   #5
carolina_yankee
Administrator

This is a racket. $60+ to get into the park. Then, another $70 to do the reserved seating. Then check-in and wait for parade. Then move to dessert party, check-in, wait, see Hallow-Wishes. You'll have little time for the attractions and shows.

We've never had a crowd around us for the parade and have always had plenty of room on Main Street for the fireworks. It may make sense if you want arrive 4:00 and get most of the attractions out of the way (though you always want to do HM during the party).

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I actually thought it looked like fun, but the two nights I could possibly do the party are both sold out already
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
KShack11
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
I actually thought it looked like fun, but the two nights I could possibly do the party are both sold out already
Make sure you call! Or go through the Dessert party's direct page and not the dining reservation page. I thought mine was sold out too but ended up getting lucky
Old 08-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #8
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KShack11 View Post
Make sure you call! Or go through the Dessert party's direct page and not the dining reservation page. I thought mine was sold out too but ended up getting lucky
I went through the link you gave to the Desert party No luck. Will call in a few minutes (I am pretending to work right now )
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:54 PM   #9
MOTed
Two Bedroom

Not worth the extra $ for us. We've been to MNSSHP twice and never had any problems finding a good place to watch the fireworks or the parade.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #10
KShack11
Two Bedroom

I know that MNSSHP just started last night, but I would love to hear reviews if anyone has actually done the MNSSHP Hallowishes dessert party.