home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2022, 12:56 PM   #1761
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Has anyone heard anything new about the Splash Mountain retheme? Some folks were expecting it to happen when Splash shut down in early 2022 (normal yearly refurbishment). Now some folks are expecting it to happen when it shuts down in early 2023, possibly after Tron opens.

I try not to go during the early part of the year because Magic Kingdom without Splash just isn't the same for me. Do we think the retheme will cause multi-year downtime?
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 01:00 PM   #1762
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Has anyone heard anything new about the Splash Mountain retheme? Some folks were expecting it to happen when Splash shut down in early 2022 (normal yearly refurbishment). Now some folks are expecting it to happen when it shuts down in early 2023, possibly after Tron opens.

I try not to go during the early part of the year because Magic Kingdom without Splash just isn't the same for me. Do we think the retheme will cause multi-year downtime?
Disney has not provided any details as to when or how long the actual retheme will take.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:15 PM   #1763
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post

I'm sure it wil be done before the refurb at BRV
Old 05-26-2022, 01:16 PM   #1764
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
I'm sure it wil be done before the refurb at BRV
Ouch!

Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:05 PM   #1765
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

So….
The website is going through magical enhancements and they are working on it. I am not the only annual pass holder having this problem.

All of DH’s park passes are there; they show in the app and on the website. However, I am not able to cancel/modify any of them (except March for some unknown reason). AP park passes without a resort stay can be modified unlike resort park passes.

Strange also that the tech does not register that he has any park passes either which makes me very, very nervous. It says he has 5 AP entitlements which he should only have 3 left. And, for each resort stay it acts like he has none used. I have them all booked.

I need to dig out my park pass confirmation # for Saturday.

We didn’t have any issues getting in this week so that’s encouraging.

At first, IT thought it was a voucher activation issue, but that is not the case. Too confusing to go through all that, but we determined that’s not the issue.

CM was nice and helpful and laughed when I told her that more pixie dust was needed for the magical enhancements. And, she said when a person had lots of activity on their account is when the problem shows up and I asked if she was telling me I had an addiction problem. She also laughed and indicated that I was indeed an avid fan

Park Passes need to die. Anytime now would be fine.

If the suits think it’s a great deal having park passes, then multiple my issues times the thousands of APs times 1.5 hours and see if they are making any cash off that time spent. Not to mention that now IT needs to work my account and fix it.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:41 AM   #1766
njgoofy
One Bedroom

Default my silly question

13 of us going to BWV this August; two separate reservations, each for a 2 BR.

I thought there used to be a spot somewhere to note specific (non-guaranteed) requests/preferences. In our case I would like scheduler to know our two reservations are "traveling together".

Advice?

Ted

Over 20 trips 1985-2020

Next---Aug 2022 BWV

NJ Goofy

njgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #1767
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgoofy View Post
13 of us going to BWV this August; two separate reservations, each for a 2 BR.

I thought there used to be a spot somewhere to note specific (non-guaranteed) requests/preferences. In our case I would like scheduler to know our two reservations are "traveling together".

Advice?

Ted
If you used your points to book both rooms, you need to have MS put a Travel With on each reservation. This will alert the room assigner to try and place the rooms as near to each other as possible.

If you rented points, the member that you rented from needs to add that request.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:56 AM   #1768
njgoofy
One Bedroom

thank you

Over 20 trips 1985-2020

Next---Aug 2022 BWV

NJ Goofy

njgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:44 AM   #1769
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Without MagicBands, how do you tap into a ride or show proof of G+ or ILL at DISNEYLAND? If the answer is “with your MDE,” if my child doesn’t have a phone and my husband doesn’t have MDE, how are we able split up?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:27 AM   #1770
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Hi,
getting ready for our trip starting next weekend. I know it's a bit late to request a room with Touring plans, but I'm going to try and put in a request. I did this twice before, and one time got the exact room we requested, and next time, one close. DH did it for RIV and got the complete opposite.
ANyway, touring plans asks for my name and reservation number. Have y'all providing this info in the past, if you've used TP for room request??????
I'm a little nervous giving my reservation #. I may have done this before, but can't remember. Thanks!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote