home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2022, 08:17 PM   #11
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

For those of you that have been to Disneyland Paris -- was it worth the time to visit? I'm just curious because, for me, I'm interested in going more as a Disney fan, but I haven't been to France before either. Weighing if I want to spend my limited time in France visiting DL Paris. I'm curious, yes -- can't decide. Any advice?

Where I'm Going 2022:
Grand Californian - Sunday, January 2 - Friday, January 7, 2022
Aulani - Friday, January 7 - Sunday, January 16, 2022
Hilton Head - Thursday, June 30 - Friday, July 15, 2022
Beach Club - Sunday, July 31 - Tuesday, August 9, 2022
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:37 PM   #12
BLTMouse
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
For those of you that have been to Disneyland Paris -- was it worth the time to visit? I'm just curious because, for me, I'm interested in going more as a Disney fan, but I haven't been to France before either. Weighing if I want to spend my limited time in France visiting DL Paris. I'm curious, yes -- can't decide. Any advice?
How many days will you have altogether?

I haven't been there in about five years now so things might have changed, but if you have a lot of energy, you could probably do the highlights of the 2 parks in 1 day using a parkhopper ticket. You can do a one-day trip by metro (about 45 minutes each way depending where in Paris you are staying.

I recommend Phantom Manor (Haunted Mansion but different), Pirates, and Fantasyland in particular - It's more like the Fantasyland in DL CA - all the dark rides and even Casey Jr. The Studios has Crush's Coaster, the Tram Tour (which has been rethemed to Cars), Cinemagique and Animagique shows. Live shows are done in French and English with alternating times.
BLTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 09:32 PM   #13
cali09
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
For me, it would depend on the likelihood of returning to France in the future after this trip. If I didn't think I would ever go back to France I would make time to spend at least one day (day trip from Paris by train) visiting Disneyland Paris.

Even if I thought there was a high chance of returning to France, then it would depend on the length of this trip. If the trip is for a week, then yes, I would spend a day at DLP. If this trip is only 3 or 4 days, that would be the only scenario in which I would forgo going to DLP.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:51 AM   #14
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
For me, it would depend on the likelihood of returning to France in the future after this trip. If I didn't think I would ever go back to France I would make time to spend at least one day (day trip from Paris by train) visiting Disneyland Paris.

Even if I thought there was a high chance of returning to France, then it would depend on the length of this trip. If the trip is for a week, then yes, I would spend a day at DLP. If this trip is only 3 or 4 days, that would be the only scenario in which I would forgo going to DLP.

I think DLP has the most beautiful castle of all the Disney parks worldwide. And the layout of the park is perfect too.

Big Thunder is also the best version there is, Pirates and Phantom Manor are also well worth it. And Crush is proving to be very popular.

After our Christmas trip to WDW, we are planning to go back to DLP. Weve not been since the studio park was added, albeit that park is said to be the worst worldwide! Im saddened the Backstage Tour and Stunt Show are gone, but it does have Crush; once the Marvel and Frozen lands are done (2024) it should be a vast improvement.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:09 AM   #15
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTMouse View Post
How many days will you have altogether?

I haven't been there in about five years now so things might have changed, but if you have a lot of energy, you could probably do the highlights of the 2 parks in 1 day using a parkhopper ticket. You can do a one-day trip by metro (about 45 minutes each way depending where in Paris you are staying.

I recommend Phantom Manor (Haunted Mansion but different), Pirates, and Fantasyland in particular - It's more like the Fantasyland in DL CA - all the dark rides and even Casey Jr. The Studios has Crush's Coaster, the Tram Tour (which has been rethemed to Cars), Cinemagique and Animagique shows. Live shows are done in French and English with alternating times.
The reason I'm going on this trip is because my friend is going to Chartres for two classes offered by Veriditas related to the Chartres Labyrinth. I'm not going to be attending those classes, but she asked me to join her in France. Since I've never been to France I happily accepted her offer

In total I will be in France for 10 days. Approx 9/19 - 9/29. I have my return ticket, but I have not bought my arrival ticket yet. My friend's class will be Saturday, 9/24 & Sunday, 9/25. I thought about going to DLP without my friend while she was doing her class, but she has never been to DLP either (although she has been to France many tine) and if I'm going to DLP she would like to join me.

I thought maybe we might head over to DLP after she is done with her class which wouldn't be possible until the morning of Monday, 9/26. We could check-in on 9/26 and check-out on 9/28 and spend two full days at DLP (giving us time to not have feel rushed). Head to Paris at the end of the day on Wednesday, 9/28 - stay closer to the airport that night, and on Thursday, 9/29 catch our flights home. I also thought maybe if we travel to DLP through the week it might be a tad less busy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post

I'm looking at a minimum of 8 days (knocking off my two travel days - one on the front & one on the back of my trip) in Chartres/Paris. Sounds like I probably have plenty of time to see the sights and go to DLP.

I'll probably get back to France at some point, but with the state of the world and the uncertainty, I don't have any firm plans. If I want to go, I should probably work it in to my plans on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

I think DLP has the most beautiful castle of all the Disney parks worldwide. And the layout of the park is perfect too.

Big Thunder is also the best version there is, Pirates and Phantom Manor are also well worth it. And Crush is proving to be very popular.

After our Christmas trip to WDW, we are planning to go back to DLP. Weve not been since the studio park was added, albeit that park is said to be the worst worldwide! Im saddened the Backstage Tour and Stunt Show are gone, but it does have Crush; once the Marvel and Frozen lands are done (2024) it should be a vast improvement.
All of this sounds fabulous. As a fan, it's sounding more and more like it would be worth my while to build in my DLP on this trip since I have flexibility on the front end of my trip, if I choose to, arrive earlier and see other sights too.

Where I'm Going 2022:
Old 05-28-2022, 12:44 PM   #16
Nickys
Grand Villa

Mid week will be perfect, much less busy.

Also I know that DLP made the most of their enforced closure and did a lot of work on the gardens there. Friends say it is looking fantastic at the moment, the work they did not only in the gardens but also paintwork and so on has really paid off.

Oh and their 30th celebrations put WDWs 50th in the shade, especially the fireworks.

The downside is the food. And Ive also heard the 30th merchandise is sparse.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 10:00 PM   #17
Doug Disney
Two Bedroom

I would definitely make the trip if you love Disney! You won't be disappointed.

Big Thunder is by far the best one that exists! One of my favorite rides and DLP's version is on my personal top 10 rides in all of the Disney parks.
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:23 AM   #18
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Mid week will be perfect, much less busy.

Also I know that DLP made the most of their enforced closure and did a lot of work on the gardens there. Friends say it is looking fantastic at the moment, the work they did not only in the gardens but also paintwork and so on has really paid off.

Oh and their 30th celebrations put WDWs 50th in the shade, especially the fireworks.

The downside is the food. And Ive also heard the 30th merchandise is sparse.
Thank you for your advice.

Where I'm Going 2022:
Old 05-30-2022, 09:25 AM   #19
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Disney View Post
I would definitely make the trip if you love Disney! You won't be disappointed.

Big Thunder is by far the best one that exists! One of my favorite rides and DLP's version is on my personal top 10 rides in all of the Disney parks.
I think after all the comments, I'm going to make the time to fit a trip to DLP in to my schedule. As a fan, I think I would be disappointed to leave it off my list of things to do while I'm in France. Who knows when I'll be back or what the future holds. Time to make firm plans. Thank you!

Where I'm Going 2022:
Old 06-06-2022, 09:32 PM   #20
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Made my plans to go to DLP - the first night we will stay at the Hotel Cheyenne - we booked this separately to save a little money w/no park tickets. Then we will move and stay at the Marvel Hotel for the next 2 nights. We will have 3 day park hopper tickets. On our last day we'll go to the parks and head to the Airport that night. Our flights leave the next day. I fly to AZ and my friend will fly to NY.

By the way, even if you call, you cannot adjust your tickets. If you stay 2 nights you get 3 day park hopper tickets. It's less expensive to book the package over booking your room/tickets separately. Seems silly you can't pick your desired number of days to visit the parks, but that's what I was told by a DLP CM. I would have stayed at the Marvel hotel for the entire stay, but I couldn't adjust the tickets, so we ended up splitting things up in this fashion to save a little money.

Where I'm Going 2022:

Last edited by cmrdgrs; 06-06-2022 at 09:33 PM. Reason: clarification