home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2022, 08:42 AM   #11
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

You can always use them to pay or prepay your annual dues if using them for your trip doesn't work out or is too inconvenient.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #12
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Genius. I was just thinking how annoying it will be to have to fumble with my glasses to read the tiny numbers and key them in for every purchase. Thanks!
I do this when I add Peet's GCs (from Costco) to the app. The first 12 numbers are the same in each pack, so I copy those into the buffer, paste and just type the last 4 for each new card. Of course, buffer saving only works in the current session, but the idea is the same for your case.

Cheers.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:14 AM   #13
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricmage View Post
Thatís what I always do. Charge everything you can to the room. Then before midnight of your last night, go to the front desk and pay the total with gift cards. Disney submits the credit card bill after midnight and so would have to back it out which will take longer if you wait until checkout time.
Can't speak for DLR, but at WDW there is an amount of room charges at which they will run your card, rather than waiting until the the last day of a stay. If I'm recalling correctly, it's $500. Regardless, they will tell you at the front desk if you ask.

Keep room charge balance below limit and you'll be able to handle everything via gift card.

So, I would periodically do down to the front desk and clear the room charges via gift card payment.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:26 AM   #14
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

If you have an expensive table service meal you can hit that $500 amount in just one meal on the first night of your stay make a trip to the front desk to pay that dayís charges. Ask them then what the actual limit is to save making a trip every day.

Weíre a family of 5 so those adult meals for our then 10&12 year old sons added up quickly! There were many trips we needed to stop nightly! And if you hit the limit during the day itís run automatically not necessarily waiting until midnight!!!

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:52 AM   #15
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
If you have an expensive table service meal you can hit that $500 amount in just one meal on the first night of your stay make a trip to the front desk to pay that dayís charges. Ask them then what the actual limit is to save making a trip every day.

Weíre a family of 5 so those adult meals for our then 10&12 year old sons added up quickly! There were many trips we needed to stop nightly! And if you hit the limit during the day itís run automatically not necessarily waiting until midnight!!!
Agreed the limit and the meals. I'd try and cover all the meals with GCs in person and limit the room charging things where carrying a card wasn't ideal (think pool, water parks and kids charging snacks in the parks). Even then, the limit can sneak up on you.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #16
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbahamadada View Post
Can't speak for DLR, but at WDW there is an amount of room charges at which they will run your card, rather than waiting until the the last day of a stay. If I'm recalling correctly, it's $500. Regardless, they will tell you at the front desk if you ask.

Keep room charge balance below limit and you'll be able to handle everything via gift card.

So, I would periodically do down to the front desk and clear the room charges via gift card payment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post

I believe dollar limit is $2000, I may be wrong because I paydown each time we have any substantial charge each night.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:15 PM   #17
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Forgot to add that it works at VGC and all WDW DVC resorts
Yes, but I don't think it works for mobile ordering. Since they are pushing us to do everything via the App it's not as simple.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:19 PM   #18
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thatís what I always do. Charge everything you can to the room. Then before midnight of your last night, go to the front desk and pay the total with gift cards. Disney submits the credit card bill after midnight and so would have to back it out which will take longer if you wait until checkout time.
I do this too, but mobile orders do not get charged to your room. They go directly on your credit card (which I find annoying).

Where I'm Going 2022:
Grand Californian - Sunday, January 2 - Friday, January 7, 2022
Aulani - Friday, January 7 - Sunday, January 16, 2022
Hilton Head - Thursday, June 30 - Friday, July 15, 2022
Beach Club - Sunday, July 31 - Tuesday, August 9, 2022
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:59 AM   #19
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbahamadada View Post

That is what I plan to do--I like to have all charges in one place and since my two upcoming trips will be at Riviera and then Bay Lake, it will be easy to get to the Front Desk to make this happen. The limit used to be $1,500 of charges and then they charged your card. Has this changed?

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 12:00 PM   #20
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I do this too, but mobile orders do not get charged to your room. They go directly on your credit card (which I find annoying).
Really, mobile orders can't go to your room? bummer.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote