home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2022, 04:51 PM   #41
jflatto
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Let us know if the short walking path is open over to UO/Citywalk. I've heard it's been closed mostly during the exterior renovation.
Are you talking the path from HRH to Citywalk? If the path is not open, what is the alternative route?

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT; Christmas 2021 - VGF and BCV
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:16 PM   #42
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
Are you talking the path from HRH to Citywalk? If the path is not open, what is the alternative route?
There is a short path through the garden I believe, but if that isn't open you have to go out the front door and walk around. It's not a terrible increase, but perhaps another 5 minutes. The general path would still be open, but there is a short way and a long(er) way to get there. You could also take the water taxi but half the reason I book there is for the short walk to UO
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 09:00 AM   #43
jflatto
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
There is a short path through the garden I believe, but if that isn't open you have to go out the front door and walk around. It's not a terrible increase, but perhaps another 5 minutes. The general path would still be open, but there is a short way and a long(er) way to get there. You could also take the water taxi but half the reason I book there is for the short walk to UO
I am thinking that you are talking about the back door of the hotel by the ice cream shop that leads to the pool and then to the path. We will see if that is open.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT; Christmas 2021 - VGF and BCV
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:37 PM   #44
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
What I didn't understand is if G+ usage is lower than FP+ (50% vs up to 100%), why was availability so much worse on G+ than FP+? I got way more rides under the previous system than I did on Genie. I figured the only good thing about Genie was lower adoption rates would make for more availability. That certainly wasn't my experience. And Disney is saying 2-3 rides? That's kind of pitiful.

I'm happy for the folks that have had a good experience. Although based on what Nickys is saying, that doesn't seem to be the norm.
Character meets and shows are certainly part of it, but I think another is structure. Early morning entry at every park, no more resort-wide evening EMH, and the inability to pre-schedule FP+ all usher guests in the direction of morning entry. Our experience on recent trips has been that the parks fill up much faster (driving even more early demand for G+), but then clear out much more quickly in the evening.

The other element to this, I am convinced, is the shift of touring style that's incentivized by Disney. As discussed elsewhere, there is a clear shift in Disney policies that is trying to shorten the turnover between guests. People are apt to stay for shorter periods of times and cram more into those days - which which heighten demand for the rides even if crowds aren't substantially bigger. The post-Covid WDW touring-style will be even more commando-like than in the past.