home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2022, 09:47 AM   #41
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Same! It just depends on the CM you get. Some wanted to see my blue card & others wanted to see it on my phone.

I did find it somewhat humorous when we were up in the lounge the number of members waiting for help from the CMs at the desk to find their blue card on their phones.
Not the CMs, but Disney as a whole richly deserves that. Somebody seems to think that all their guests are under 30 and they all use their phones for everything. Sorry Disney, but it just ain't true!
Old 05-18-2022, 10:28 AM   #42
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Re weather, we were there (BWV) 7-14 (how nice numerous MO's were there) and remarked a million times that it was the best consecutive weather we've ever had, not only in May, but ever. Absolutely perfect.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:56 AM   #43
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
We were there May 4 to 11. When we went to a marketplace kiosk to purchase items I brought up a screen capture of the temporary card printed at home + annual pass + drivers license. The cast member wouldn't accept the DVC card with June expiration then educated me on how to bring it up in MDE (4 steps) vs screenshot of 2 steps.
I had to remind her that I had the AP on the same photo to which she replied: Oh, okay.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:36 PM   #44
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

On our April trip my iphone updated and after would not charge more than 10%. It was useless to me on that day at WDW. It was wonderful not to carry the phone, but I also couldn't check wait times on touring plans, dinner reservations, no access to my wallet with AP/DVC information for discounts, or do any of those things Disney wants us to do with our phones. Before our trip, I set up an account for DH and put those virtual cards in his wallet which helped our day. I was able to reset the phone that night, and it works fine, but in the past, I did all the planning and had all the information on my phone.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:06 PM   #45
BEAM4DVC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Re weather, we were there (BWV) 7-14 (how nice numerous MO's were there) and remarked a million times that it was the best consecutive weather we've ever had, not only in May, but ever. Absolutely perfect.
The weather was truly glorious!!! Breezy, warm and not hot or humid in the least!! We just hated to leave! We stayed at SSR and for fun one day we walked the entire loop from Congress Park, by the water, through The Treehouses, past the golf course and all the way through DS back to CP. It was a little over 3 miles and we simply enjoyed the stroll! Wouldn't have even thought of doing that in the typical Florida heat (with a cast!)!

Our DD and DSIL overlapped our last weekend and are at BWV now. They said it is hot as blazes this week!!!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:08 AM   #46
Raspus
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
The weather was truly glorious!!! Breezy, warm and not hot or humid in the least!! We just hated to leave! We stayed at SSR and for fun one day we walked the entire loop from Congress Park, by the water, through The Treehouses, past the golf course and all the way through DS back to CP. It was a little over 3 miles and we simply enjoyed the stroll! Wouldn't have even thought of doing that in the typical Florida heat (with a cast!)!

Our DD and DSIL overlapped our last weekend and are at BWV now. They said it is hot as blazes this week!!!
The weather for our week was wonderful. Couldn’t as for better weather!
Old 05-19-2022, 08:20 PM   #47
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

i went to DL for a conference and they wanted the digital card on the phone and gave us a little bit of a hard time. Would not take the blue card. DH not good with the phone and he has trouble finding it on his apple wallet.....agree should not be forced to use a phone.

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote