home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-17-2022, 01:29 PM   #51
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Agree! Connections Cafe is a winner!!! DD loved the Mediterranean Burger!

Disney is still struggling to find help. Only a few registers were open with long lines. Mobile order is an option but plan way ahead if you want to use.

Definitely trying the waffle next time!!!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:38 PM   #52
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Agree! Connections Cafe is a winner!!! DD loved the Mediterranean Burger!

Disney is still struggling to find help. Only a few registers were open with long lines. Mobile order is an option but plan way ahead if you want to use.

Definitely trying the waffle next time!!!
From my post, you know how I feel about that waffle!!!
Can't wait to try the menu items. I definitely will order the Mediterranean Burger....that is, if the hand breaded chicken sandwich doesn't grab me. Or the French Bistro Burger or the meatball pizza. (the latter would usually not entice me but they kept passing our table and the smell was amazing).

Yes, there were lines for us too and what kinda I thought wasn't really smart was the CMs (saw several doing same thing) taking the orders being ULTRA sweet and friendly to each & every customer. (even joking around)
That would normally be lovely but I felt it was seriously holding up the lines.

Definitely going back in September.
DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:45 PM   #53
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Is it weird going through mobile ordering menus then realizing Iím too far away?
I really want to try this when we are there.

I read a review that the apple pie milkshake is not good.
Otherwise all else has been positive.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #54
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Is it weird going through mobile ordering menus then realizing Iím too far away?
I really want to try this when we are there.

I read a review that the apple pie milkshake is not good.
Otherwise all else has been positive.
Some have said the mango shake/smoothie is not good either. But most admitted they aren't mango lovers to know. Might have my guys try it out. They both love mangoes.

Plus there are many good desserts elsewhere at Epcot anyway.

I look at mobile orders from home, so nothing is weird to me
Old 05-17-2022, 06:35 PM   #55
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
From my post, you know how I feel about that waffle!!!
Can't wait to try the menu items. I definitely will order the Mediterranean Burger....that is, if the hand breaded chicken sandwich doesn't grab me. Or the French Bistro Burger or the meatball pizza. (the latter would usually not entice me but they kept passing our table and the smell was amazing).

Yes, there were lines for us too and what kinda I thought wasn't really smart was the CMs (saw several doing same thing) taking the orders being ULTRA sweet and friendly to each & every customer. (even joking around)
That would normally be lovely but I felt it was seriously holding up the lines.

Definitely going back in September.
I did notice way too many CMs behind the counter - almost tripping over each other with not a lot to do. I'm thinking - why haven't you been trained to be out here taking orders? Giving them a pass for now as being a newbie restaurant. Once it gets its legs underneath itself, will be awesome QS.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:32 PM   #56
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Some have said the mango shake/smoothie is not good either. But most admitted they aren't mango lovers to know. Might have my guys try it out. They both love mangoes.

Plus there are many good desserts elsewhere at Epcot anyway.

I look at mobile orders from home, so nothing is weird to me
Please let us know how they like the mango smoothie. I drink mango juice for breakfast almost every morning, and was so disappointed at the negative reviews of the mango smoothie at CC
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:47 PM   #57
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Please let us know how they like the mango smoothie. I drink mango juice for breakfast almost every morning, and was so disappointed at the negative reviews of the mango smoothie at CC
If they order it I absolutely will. We don't go until June 3rd though - likely will stop in our first day as it seems a super safe place to eat for me (stupid mild allergies). My husband at mangoes fresh when he lived in Puerto Rico as a kid.
My kid is on a DC trip right now with dried mango as a snack - he picked it over any other fruit options. So both love it and will be rather picky in a good way if you know what I mean.