home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2022, 08:35 AM   #1
Bingautos
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Grand Floridian 2BDR Availability

Looking to add Grand Floridian points to our families DVC membership. We are a family of 6 so always use two bedrooms. We are trying to plan a trip for the end of May beginning of June 2023. I found a resale contract that would work but if we get it Iím sure it wonít close until we are in the 10 or 9 month window. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get a 2 bedroom inside of 11 months. Thanks in advance!
Bingautos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 09:07 AM   #2
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

I think you will be OK. Those don't generally go right at 11 months for that time of year. I use this website to help me plan:

www.DVCHelp.com

Here's a direct link to their VGF Availability Prediction Chart:
https://www.dvchelp.com/page/the-vil...ability-charts
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:04 AM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingautos View Post
Looking to add Grand Floridian points to our families DVC membership. We are a family of 6 so always use two bedrooms. We are trying to plan a trip for the end of May beginning of June 2023. I found a resale contract that would work but if we get it I’m sure it won’t close until we are in the 10 or 9 month window. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get a 2 bedroom inside of 11 months. Thanks in advance!
I got one at 7 months and then a waitlist for standard came through at about 2.5-3 months. At 7 months only a lake view was available though. I rarely see standard at 7 months. So I think inside 9 or 10 months you'll be fine.

For closing it took me from Feb 18 until April 11th to close and the 25th to be entered into the system. So about 2 months. I even had what I felt was a slightly longer time waiting on closing docs but buyer had to have theirs officially signed off which is what I think the delay was.
Old 05-15-2022, 03:17 PM   #4
fuzzylogic
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingautos View Post
Looking to add Grand Floridian points to our families DVC membership. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get a 2 bedroom inside of 11 months.
No one can tell you if your nights will be available, just do your homework and research. For example if I look right now for 7-11 out I can see that for 2Bs, (7 mo starts Dec 15) Dec is somewhat picked over, but Jan-Feb-Mar have what looks like almost full availability. Studios go fast. 2Bs (and especially at resorts that have a high # of Dedicated 2Bs of which the GF has a lot) tend to be pretty available. So I think you'll be fine - go for it!
Old 05-17-2022, 06:16 PM   #5
Diamndrose
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I think you will be OK. Those don't generally go right at 11 months for that time of year. I use this website to help me plan:

www.DVCHelp.com

Here's a direct link to their VGF Availability Prediction Chart:
https://www.dvchelp.com/page/the-vil...ability-charts
Cool website, thanks for sharing!