home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #21
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Hopefully this will change (if it hasn't already), but I ended up moving away from Sunshine Flyer for our trip this past week, as they had a 10p cut-off for transportation. With our flight scheduled to arrive at 9p, that was cutting it way too close for my comfort.

If maintaining limited operating hours, I wonder what their practice/policy will be for delayed flights. A system that could leave you having to find last-minute options if an evening flight is delayed is likely to run into some resistance. I know they lost out on our business for that reason alone.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:18 PM   #22
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Hopefully this will change (if it hasn't already), but I ended up moving away from Sunshine Flyer for our trip this past week, as they had a 10p cut-off for transportation. With our flight scheduled to arrive at 9p, that was cutting it way too close for my comfort.

If maintaining limited operating hours, I wonder what their practice/policy will be for delayed flights. A system that could leave you having to find last-minute options if an evening flight is delayed is likely to run into some resistance. I know they lost out on our business for that reason alone.
Iím wondering. And Iíve emailed them to see when the first bus starts running, but havenít received a reply yet.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:43 PM   #23
Princess Mom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Itís always good to have options, so I appreciate the info! We had mostly gotten away from ME in favor of the car service, but the Flyer looked cute. For 3 people, one of the bus services would still be slightly cheaper than a car service, but so close that it doesnít make a difference. Iíll check with my princess and see if she has a preference.
We just used lyft over Easter for both ways. We waited maybe 5 minutes at the airport and 15 at the resort. It was just under $50 for XL with tip on top of that. It'll be less for you with just 3 people. Just throwing out another option.
Princess Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:57 AM   #24
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead58 View Post
I definitely miss the luggage delivery. I am getting older and itís hard on my wrists to lug anything now. I really liked putting it on the airline scale and not having to lug it anywhere after that, just having it show up in my room. I would have paid more to keep that service. I also liked being able to book transportation on the same site where I booked my room. Having to shop around now for a decent ride stinks. Mears has been good, but their website needs improving. The pages donít work right when I access them on my iPad.

Let us know if you like the Sunshine Flyer. I may try them if they get good reviews.

I really liked the luggage service. Being able to walk right off the plane and on to the resort was so nice.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:34 AM   #25
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

We just rode on Sunshine Flyer. I would not book again with them at this time. Not enough busses. Too many resort stops. Bus was 45 minutes late picking us up. Stay with Mears Connect at this time.

Hope
BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:03 AM   #26
meeskamooska
Two Bedroom

we used it yesterday for our return trip to MCO. On time, clean, friendly and took us directly to the airport with no other stops. I will use them again.
meeskamooska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:09 PM   #27
krisephillips
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We just rode on Sunshine Flyer. I would not book again with them at this time. Not enough busses. Too many resort stops. Bus was 45 minutes late picking us up. Stay with Mears Connect at this time.
Agree with above. We used for our spring break trip. They are primarily using small private vehicles instead of buses for transportation. They seem to have only a few of the themed buses currently. Transportation to the resort was fine (taken in a 10 passenger van), only one stop to Poly. We where picked up late for our return to MCO however. Had to call to notify them that they had missed our pick up. Was told they would be sending a vehicle for pickup and to watch for a vehicle with some type of Sunshine Flyer material (they tape a piece of paper in the front window). Turned out to be another small van and they stopped at SSR for another pickup on the way to MCO that they had missed as well.

Disney Castaway Club Member-Gold Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote