home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Other Vacations After Selling DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-28-2022, 12:41 AM   #1
mountainjourno
Grand Villa

Default Three cruises with three different lines!

So my post-DVC, post-pandemic-isolation is going to get a little crazy.

I rented out all the points I had planned to use over the past two years, as well as half of next yearís points. And sold my BCV contract.

So instead, this June my daughter (20) and I are taking a Royal Caribbean cruise from Vancouver to Alaska for 7 days.

Then in July, my husband and I are taking a cruise around the Greek Islands for 7 nights on Norwegian Cruise Lines after spending a week in Athens (he has a conference).

And finally in August, my mother (78) and I will be taking a 12-night Princess cruise around the British Isles (ie, Ireland, Scotland, UK)! She lives in England and has been rather trapped for the past two years. She only feels safe on this cruise as it departs and arrives in Southhampton, England, so she isnít worried about being stuck in another country.

And with all that, my daughter is still waiting to hear back from the Disney Cultural Representative Program (for Canada - none of the Canadians have started interviews yet) so if she gets in, I will be hopefully helping her move down there after all of these!

I really hope that another nasty strain of Covid doesnít wash all these plans away; Iím looking forward to getting out and travelling again!

mountainjourno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:17 AM   #2
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Sounds amazing! You literally just described three of my dream vacations. Good luck to your daughter. Enjoy!
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:21 AM   #3
amydevoe
Two Bedroom

That's an amazing summer you have lined up! Can't wait to hear about it when you post some trip reports
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:06 AM   #4
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Some great plans to look forward to!!!

Good luck to your daughter too!!! Exciting!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:58 AM   #5
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

You may (or may not) find some useful info (or at least entertainment) in my Alaska cruise post from several years ago.

Unfortunately the photos are missing, but all the info is still there.

Mine was an "out and back" cruise while yours is apparently an "out and keep going" one.

Last edited by erikthewise; 04-28-2022 at 09:08 AM.
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 09:08 AM   #6
oufpat
Two Bedroom

Sounds like me and my DH. We retired from healthcare in 2019, had so many travel plans and then COVID hit. So we decided to sell one of our DVC contracts, did a Royal Caribbean cruise in February, going to Alaska on a Princess cruise end of May, and then we'll finish it off with a British Isles Cruise on Disney this September. Time to start planning for 2023!
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:10 AM   #7
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Wow - our biggest plans to 'downsize' our DVC vacations is by using our points for 1Br villas instead of studio villas - LOL.

At this point our number of cancelled vacations is equal between COVID and our family drama so I'm not selling either entity - hahaha. Between the two DVC is more enjoyable regardless of changes/reduced experiences.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:24 PM   #8
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quite a nice set of plans. Enjoy!
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:29 PM   #9
Nickys
Grand Villa

Sounds like an amazing Summer!

Are you returning from Greece before the U.K. cruise or going from Greece to England?

Also PM me if you want any advice on the Scotland ports.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 10:00 AM   #10
mountainjourno
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Sounds like an amazing Summer!

Are you returning from Greece before the U.K. cruise or going from Greece to England?

Also PM me if you want any advice on the Scotland ports.
Flying to the UK from Athens straight after the cruise, but will have spent a week there before the cruise.

Yes please to tips on the Scotland ports!

mountainjourno is offline   Reply With Quote