home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Doing Disney After DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-18-2022, 08:30 AM   #31
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzie View Post
We will probably keep our 175 RIV to have as overnight resort stays for pool days etc. We very much enjoy the resorts, the parks are just blah to us. Maybe if we take a break for a few years things will improve. We don't even pay for gate admission, I can't imagine shelling out the cash for park access and the level of disappointment.
Our focus has turned to the resorts versus the parks. DH didn't see this coming but I did. Fortunately we really enjoy the themed resorts, the weather and surroundings being so different then our every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
We have three adult children and one grandchild. Our youngest had always told us to sell as there is much more we could do with the money. The other two would be devastated. It will be an interesting trip.
nelle
This is us in reverse. In 5 years I predict we'll make a decision about selling the two contracts that we expect to out live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
Being a local my opinion probably is not what your looking for but here goes. We use to have over 500 DVC points but have sold all but bout 150 BWV. We consider the magic kingdom our backyard so we still spend a bit of time on property. It ranges from just driving through after our Starbucks run to running over to Epcot to share a fish and chips for lunch. We are kind of over most rides so unless it is a preview or some other special access we typically just cruise the park and people watch. We also like to hang out at Disney Springs and get a late lunch on the docks at the boat house bar. We typically use our points to get single nights when the weather is nice to enjoy the balconies. For us this is perfect as we still get enough disney in our life but being local has allowed us to focus on bigger international trips with the money we use to spend on Disney. As far as the disney magic goes it is still there but I would suggest that everyone still take a minute.

We have a family member that is a CM and from everything I see from them and neighbors that work in the park they are still recovering from the COVID thing and really are not firing on all cylinders yet. The front line CMs had to put up with a lot of very rude guest the last few years but most really want to provide the magic that we all are use to. I am sure with recent changes it won’t be the same as it once was but give it a chance, I think the magic will grow.
We're not local and
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Taking more cruises right now. Will be on DCL Dream in 3 weeks and NCL Alaska cruise in May 2023. Taking a year off from Disney hoping Chapek gets canned and some perks start returning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbahamadada View Post
Then, in a surprise twist, DS will be attending school at Rollins College in Winter Park. So, I suspect I'll be back in the market for enough points to have a few weekend trips.
You should consider the Dolphin versus the hi-cost of DVC.