home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Non-Disney Accommodations in Orlando
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2022, 06:11 PM   #1
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

Default Anyone stayed at Reunion Resort?

Just curious if anyone has stayed at the Reunion Resort in Kissimmee? Was poking around to see if there were any places where 12 people could stay together and bumped into their website. The homes listed all look beautiful and while some are crazy expensive, others are financially feasible for 3/4 families. Any thoughts? We'll have 8 adults and 4 children, and the grand villa may not offer everyone the privacy they would like. Thanks in advance for any feedback, impressions, etc!
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 06:44 PM   #2
bwvBound
Grand Villa

We enjoyed a 3BR unit at Reunion through Worldmark the Club over New Years 2019. We were 6 altogether (4 adults, 1 youth, 1 infant) and the layout worked very nicely. Both couples had "master suites" on opposite ends of the unit with the kid's room located across the hall from the 2nd master. The kitchen had plenty of both storage and counter space ... although, if I recall correctly, the refrigerator door opened in the wrong direction for the expected "work flow."

The young person of the group enjoyed the pool complex. The drive to WDW wasn't difficult or unpleasant. It checked all the boxes and we agreed, "We'd do this again."

Links to Worldmark's Unit info at Reunion:
https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/ru/
https://worldmark.wyndhamdestination...ldmark-reunion

There was a period when I'd see the 3BR units come up fairly often on RCI's Getaway (Rental) weeks for a good price. You might want to check RCI (if you have non-DVC access) ... or maybe II? (Does DVC give access to II's rental weeks??)

Good luck!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:28 AM   #3
OffToTheMouse
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's Nana View Post
Just curious if anyone has stayed at the Reunion Resort in Kissimmee? Was poking around to see if there were any places where 12 people could stay together and bumped into their website. The homes listed all look beautiful and while some are crazy expensive, others are financially feasible for 3/4 families. Any thoughts? We'll have 8 adults and 4 children, and the grand villa may not offer everyone the privacy they would like. Thanks in advance for any feedback, impressions, etc!
Sent you a PM
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:47 AM   #4
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
FWIW, if you go on VRBO, there are a HUGE number of houses for rent in Kissimmee. So many that it makes you wonder if anyone actually lives there .
Old 03-29-2022, 11:13 AM   #5
pereed11
Studio

Quote:
While I have never stayed there, my wife and I are about to stay for the 2nd time (first time without our son) at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. It is so much cheaper than a lot of other places (depending on when you go) and is still on Disney Property (over by Epcot) and for some reason that is the kicker for me - being on property. We have found the places through VRBO as well as airbnb but since we have rented before they had us go through their website - shelbyresorts.com and you can search through them and it is way cheaper.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom last spring and it was really nice - lots of things to do for little ones as well - they have two pools, a lazy river, mini-golf, an arcade, shuffleboard, and other stuff. They also have a starbucks and an ice cream shop in the hotel as well.

The only downfall was they try to talk to you about timeshare ownership before you get your pool wristbands but it is pretty easy to say "not interested a few times" and they get the hint.

Good luck in your search!
pereed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 02:09 PM   #6
Lola
Studio

I have stayed at Reunion several times, but always for adult golfing trips, not park visits.
It is a lovely community and we always take daily walks just to see all of the properties. Most properties have a private pool and great entertaining spaces for a large group. There is not much for young people to do in Reunion, but there is a small waterpark area. I don't recall all of the amenities of that area, but definitely tame and suitable for younger kids.
The sushi at the restaurant in the main hotel building is wonderful! There is a fun rooftop bar, as well. You can see WDW fireworks off in the distance from the rooftop.
Spa is small, but I have always had wonderful treatments there.
The golf courses of Reunion are fabulous! I think this is the reason most stay there. Lots of guys trips/ladies weekends/couples golf.
Beware! Like anywhere in FL, we have seen gators in the wetlands of Reunion. One right behind the pool of our house!
Whatever you decide, have a fabulous vacation!
Old 03-29-2022, 05:28 PM   #7
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
My middle DS (22) and 15 of his closest college friends just spent spring break in a very nice AirBandB. Single home with its own hot tub and screen house. Just about 10-20 minutes to most Disney parks. And no need to take I4! They loved it!

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 06:31 PM   #8
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
FWIW, if you go on VRBO, there are a HUGE number of houses for rent in Kissimmee. So many that it makes you wonder if anyone actually lives there .
It does make you wonder... Then again not sure I would want to live in a neighborhood that was all rentals...
Old 03-29-2022, 06:41 PM   #9
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

Thanks everyone for the great feedback and suggestions! While we love staying on our points, we don't have enough points to accommodate everyone. Our sweet DIL and her family are just not Disney people. They all do want to do some parks, but also enjoy relaxing outside Disney. A house with access to a pool and a few Disney days scattered in should be fun for all (I hope). But I have been wrong before...
Old 04-01-2022, 12:36 AM   #10
JimP
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
We enjoyed a 3BR unit at Reunion through Worldmark the Club over New Years 2019. We were 6 altogether (4 adults, 1 youth, 1 infant) and the layout worked very nicely. Both couples had "master suites" on opposite ends of the unit with the kid's room located across the hall from the 2nd master. The kitchen had plenty of both storage and counter space ... although, if I recall correctly, the refrigerator door opened in the wrong direction for the expected "work flow."

The young person of the group enjoyed the pool complex. The drive to WDW wasn't difficult or unpleasant. It checked all the boxes and we agreed, "We'd do this again."

Links to Worldmark's Unit info at Reunion:
https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/ru/
https://worldmark.wyndhamdestination...ldmark-reunion

There was a period when I'd see the 3BR units come up fairly often on RCI's Getaway (Rental) weeks for a good price. You might want to check RCI (if you have non-DVC access) ... or maybe II? (Does DVC give access to II's rental weeks??)

Good luck!
We have stayed at WorldMark Reunion a few times for short extensions is to our WDW trips. In August we will be staying there for our first 2 nights in Florida before we check into BWVs.

The units are large and pleasant. We arrive in the evening from the west coast. The next day we might do a dinner in DS. We only had enough DVC points for 12 nights and this gave us two full weeks.

/Jim

Look Dad, they're building a new one!!!
Quote (in jest) by: DS, DD#1, DD#2, Circa 2003

Annual pass holders since 1989
Click here to visit my family website
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote