home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2016, 05:06 PM   #401
esiqu001
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1lersm0m View Post
Based on your situation, I'd say buy SSR today and buy BLT later when you start having kids and they are getting older.

If you want to start staying at BLT soon, then buy BLT now, but it sounds like you don't plan to start staying there until after you have kids and they get older you can get more points.

Just my two cents At the end of the day you need to do what is best for your family.

Funny story, I've owned SSR since 2014. This is our first trip staying there and I kind of feel bad I booked the trip somewhat last minute (only about 3 months out) so SSR was the only availability and I felt like I was going to let my family down staying there. But then I realized its still a deluxe resort and we are going to Disney World! So even though we HAVE to stay at SSR, its still going to be a great trip

I guess I've become somewhat a Disney snob. SO if you consider yourself a snob, or a Disney snob, then I highly recommend buying where you want to stay.

Again, if I was in your shoes, I'd buy SSR now and BLT later. That's just me.
We are definitely going to stay at a WDW DVC before we have kids. We narrowed it down to BLT/AUL(sub) as of yesterday. Honestly at this point we are not disney snobs yet. We actually havent stayed at a DVC in WDW - only Aulani. So anything that looks better then a budget hotel will probably be amazing to us.

However, in the pictures BLT looked the most appealing to be a home resort at WDW.

Right now we are just searching for a BLT or AUL(sub) that fits our criteria. If we need more points after this initial contract purchase we would probably add them at SSR. Who knows - if we keep getting the ROFR on AUL/BLT we might just add SSR into the mix because the lack of patience lol.

Thanks!
esiqu001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #402
esiqu001

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalleandEve View Post
As for Saratoga Springs. If you are not worried about which resort you stay in, and if you are not going at premium times and really want to stay at a particular resort, the SS not only now has the lowest dues, but the rate of dues increase over the years has been far lower than any other resort. I believe this is due to the sheer number of units there, and that there are not amenities (Animal Kingdom, Boardwalk & such) that need to be paid for. The bulk of our points are SS, but we often go in the off-season, and we don't mind staying at AK or such. Then again, my wife also bought 100 Bay Lake points this year!

Great point until the last sentence!! haha. You bought BLT points too!!!!! This made me want BLT more then SSR!!
esiqu001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #403
FreakyApe

Quote:
Originally Posted by esiqu001 View Post
Yea I was just wondering if someone did the math for it.
Doing a PM so I can send links...

We did something a lot like this:
http://grumpyspace.blogspot.com/2007...tion-club.html.

Then we took a bunch of listings off here https://www.********************/ (using the estimated closing price, not the asking price), and figured out how many $$ each point cost. We just assumed that resort maintenance fees will inflate at the same rate as the actual value of the points. That may not be accurate, but somewhere you have to guess or you'll just drive yourself nuts.

Anyways, we see almost $8/pt for Saratoga and about $8.40/pt for BLT and over $10 for BRV, BCV, BWV. We went for BLT because we actually want to stay there.
FreakyApe is offline   Reply With Quote