home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #21
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Mike- fabulous summary and post!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniekissedme View Post
Until you've been through it, I'm not sure that anyone can accurately describe the angst of waiting for ROFR. Many buyers get involved in MouseOwners and other sites throughout the decision making and buying process.
We did it the other way. We bought with no specific plans, so ROFR was not a big deal. Only after owning did I look for sites. Found the "other" site, but was quickly steered here by a helpful individual who also frequents flyertalk. Never been back to the other place.

Doing things in this order made the waiting easier as I didn't know I was supposed to be angst-ridden

Cheers.
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #22
jenisny
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I'm totally sure you will be able to buy direct even if your first contract was obtained from the resale market.

To date, they have not treated resale differently in that regard and there is no reason for them to refuse to take your money. They WANT you to buy direct!
I have no doubt of that. But I didn't know if we could still do the 25 point add-on or if we had to do a full 160 points. I guess I wasn't very clear. I am thinking the 25 point add-on is for all DVC members, but lately, I wouldn't be surprised.

jenisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #23
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenisny View Post
I have no doubt of that. But I didn't know if we could still do the 25 point add-on or if we had to do a full 160 points. I guess I wasn't very clear. I am thinking the 25 point add-on is for all DVC members, but lately, I wouldn't be surprised.
I believe that somebody who has bought their 160 points from Disney and somebody who bought their 160 points resale will be given the same opportunities to buy add ons.

However, there is one small change that wouldn't surprise me. Disney might put in a requirment that any add-on must get you to some number of points (call it 160 for this example.) So if you already have 160 points, you can do a 25-point add-on. But if you bought into DVC via a 100-point resale contract, you would have to do a 60-point add on. Even here, however, I expect retail and resale customers to be treated equal. So those people who bought from Disney for only 100 points (a deal they offer from time to time) would also have to buy 60 points.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #24
PlasWinder
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
I believe that somebody who has bought their 160 points from Disney and somebody who bought their 160 points resale will be given the same opportunities to buy add ons.

However, there is one small change that wouldn't surprise me. Disney might put in a requirment that any add-on must get you to some number of points (call it 160 for this example.) So if you already have 160 points, you can do a 25-point add-on. But if you bought into DVC via a 100-point resale contract, you would have to do a 60-point add on. Even here, however, I expect retail and resale customers to be treated equal. So those people who bought from Disney for only 100 points (a deal they offer from time to time) would also have to buy 60 points.
Theoretically, they could, but I only own 120 resale points and my guide offered to sell me a 25 point add-on. This was just a week or so ago.

Official Cheerleader for the Saratoga Springs Hillbillies Team - HOOOODAWGIE!!!

My other Hillbilly Resorts:

Wyndham OceanWalk - Daytona Beach, FL (Trades at 10 months for Wyndham Bonnet Creek!)
Sheraton Vistana - Orlando, FL
Marriott Harbour Lake - Orlando, FL
Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Orlando, FL
PlasWinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasWinder View Post
Theoretically, they could, but I only own 120 resale points and my guide offered to sell me a 25 point add-on. This was just a week or so ago.
Sorry if I wasn't 100% clear. Disney does not currently have any restrictions on small add-ons to small point owners. And I have no actual knowledge that Disney plans or even wants to put such restrictions in place. I am just imagining things Disney might cook up in the future.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #26
mditkof
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
Most people who first hear about DVC hear directly from Disney, and may not even be aware that there is an active resale market where DVC contracts may be purchased.
So, what is the best way to go about starting the search process. We have 100 points at SS (bought through Disney when our daugher was an employee) and have rented points at OKW for a couple of years -- my wife's favorite resort. If we want to purchase some OKW points (thinking of a large slug of 500 to 1000 but priced near the lower end of the First Right of Refusal database that you guys keep), it would be nice to talk with someone who has been through the process with a reputable agent.

Marty

Last edited by DVC Information; 05-02-2015 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Typo
mditkof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #27
PAJD
Grand Villa

I would start by looking at fidelityresales.com. You don't have to use them as your broker. I didn't. But they had a ton of inventory. Click on Disney Vacation Club and look at all the listings. Find a few that interest you, and contact a broker. I used Kinn, as many others have, from resalesdvc.com. He will work to get a deal for you.

But check what's available first, get familiar with which contracts are loaded, priced reasonably, make a list and talk with a broker and have them start making offers if you're ready! Good luck!

MOD 122
PAJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #28
mditkof
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAJD View Post
I would start by looking at fidelityresales.com. You don't have to use them as your broker. I didn't. But they had a ton of inventory. Click on Disney Vacation Club and look at all the listings. Find a few that interest you, and contact a broker. I used Kinn, as many others have, from resalesdvc.com. He will work to get a deal for you.

But check what's available first, get familiar with which contracts are loaded, priced reasonably, make a list and talk with a broker and have them start making offers if you're ready! Good luck!
Is Kinn a buyer's agent?

Marty
Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #29
PAJD
Grand Villa

Kinn's company has their own listings also, but not as many. He will also represent you as a buyer's agent and co-broker deals with other agency's like Fidelity. So he'll present all the offers to Fidelity for you and work for you.

MOD 122
PAJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #30
mditkof
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAJD View Post
Kinn's company has their own listings also, but not as many. He will also represent you as a buyer's agent and co-broker deals with other agency's like Fidelity. So he'll present all the offers to Fidelity for you and work for you.
Jeff -- thank you.

Marty