home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
MagicAllAroundUs
Studio

Default Linking Memberships with Different Co-Owners

If my main/first DVC membership number acquired was through DVC Direct and had both my husband and my names on the deed, would additional contracts purchased through the resale market with only my name on the deed with the same Use Year still generate new membership numbers?

1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

Home Resorts: SSR, AKV, BLT, PVB
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicAllAroundUs View Post
If my main/first DVC membership number acquired was through DVC Direct and had both my husband and my names on the deed, would additional contracts purchased through the resale market with only my name on the deed with the same Use Year still generate new membership numbers?
Yes.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #3
MagicAllAroundUs
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Yes.
Bummer.

What about multiple contracts with only my name on the deed but at the same home resort and same Use Year?

Old 10-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
Sykes
Studio

Quote:
Bummer.

What about multiple contracts with only my name on the deed but at the same home resort and same Use Year?
The contracts must be titled exactly the same and have the same use year to go under the same membership number, so these would go under a new membership number as well.

It's not a huge deal though--if all the future contracts you buy only have your name and have the same use year, you'll only end up with two total membership numbers.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #5
MagicAllAroundUs
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
It's not a huge deal though--if all the future contracts you buy only have your name and have the same use year, you'll only end up with two total membership numbers.
Even at 2-3 different home resorts? Same name, same use year, different resorts = same membership number?

Old 10-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Even at 2-3 different home resorts? Same name, same use year, different resorts = same membership number?
Home resort can be different. The names on the deed and UY must match to fall under an existing membership.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #7
Sykes
Studio

Quote:
Correct. Home sort can be different, but name and use year must be the same. Whenever you make a reservation, you'll choose which eligible contracts you want to use, and in what order. If you're within 7 months, you can combine points from different contracts regardless of home resort. If you're outside of 7 months, you can combine points from the same home resort that is eligible for that booking.

While getting multiple contracts in the same membership number is clearly preferable, managing multiple membership numbers isn't that big of a pain--each will appear in a drop down when you book. The big downsides are that you can't combine points from two different membership numbers for a single reservation (although you can make two reservations to complete a stay), and you have to remember to bank twice as necessary. There are some upsides too, though. You can buy 24 points per membership number per year, and you can do transfers to/from another member's account once per membership number per year.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #8
MagicAllAroundUs
Studio

Thank you both so much!

Old 10-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #9
frank808
One Bedroom

Quote:
Yes. Has to be titled exactly the same and same use year.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #10
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

Don't forget you get 2 waitlists for each membership number. They are only valid for the bookings made under that number of course.

And while unofficial, it is understood that there is no limit to the number of point transfers between memberships owned by the same person. Your results may vary of course, but I haven't seen anyone deny this statement yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Correct. Home sort can be different, but name and use year must be the same. Whenever you make a reservation, you'll choose which eligible contracts you want to use, and in what order. If you're within 7 months, you can combine points from different contracts regardless of home resort. If you're outside of 7 months, you can combine points from the same home resort that is eligible for that booking.

While getting multiple contracts in the same membership number is clearly preferable, managing multiple membership numbers isn't that big of a pain--each will appear in a drop down when you book. The big downsides are that you can't combine points from two different membership numbers for a single reservation (although you can make two reservations to complete a stay), and you have to remember to bank twice as necessary. There are some upsides too, though. You can buy 24 points per membership number per year, and you can do transfers to/from another member's account once per membership number per year.

DVC properties I've tried: BRV (owner), AUL (owner), BWV (owner), VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: VGC
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote