home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #41
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

Late to the game here, but if you were to decide Aulani (now or later) I strongly suggest a resale subsidized contract. The dues subsidy is currently $1.747/point/year and increases each year along with the dues themselves.

Barring a weather catastrophe the Aulani subsidized dues are the lowest in all of DVC and may stay that way for quite awhile since the subsidy is a fixed percent of the full dues amount.

With a little patience you should be able to find subsidized contracts for less than $120/point, although as a FYI I got mine for $96 so like I said be patient. Between cheaper than direct point costs and the subsidy you could turn around and buy 25 points direct to earn full perks and still come out far ahead of buying Aulani direct.

But like others have said, no reason to buy Aulani unless you plan going there alot and/or want to book during periods of high demand (spring break, June "cheap points" weeks, Christmas, etc.). Even then since the resort is not sold out many reservations can be had with some persistence.

DVC properties I've tried: BRV (owner), AUL (owner), BWV (owner), VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: VGC
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:02 PM   #42
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdring269 View Post
I'd like to ask a question similar to OP without starting a new thread. OP if you don't want me tagging along let me know and I can start a new one!

To all: Would your answers differ if the party size were lowered to only 2 adults who already own at VWL (Boulder Creek)? Assume Aulani is out of the picture.
Can you tell us a little more to better understand where you are coming from? If you have narrowed it down to these 2 resorts, what is it that made you interested in these two and why did you eliminate the other resorts ?

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

My DVC Caste: Happy to be a Donald!
tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #43
richviii
One Bedroom

Poly 1st and CCV second. Two studios or one will solve your issues. I certainly would be happy with both. I thought we would be one and done with Aulani but are already planning a return trip.

2018 Apr - BCV & BLT

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani

2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:16 PM   #44
TrvlPrincess
Grand Villa

Default This is awesome

Thank you guys for your advise!

We decided not to get Aulani since like all of you said we are in the east coast.

We love copper creek but it is a replica of our home. We live in a beautiful house in the woods-forest.

This is one of the reasons The Polynesian is so attractive and we just love Grand Floridian DVC. Most of the resale for Grand Floridian are stripped contracts.

We will be using our Poly points for Aulani!
We are getting December UY, and Dec 2016 and 2017 points!

My Previous Trips:
WDW 1999 WDW 2000 WDW 2001 WDW 2002 DCL 2002 WDW 2004 Disneyland 2004 WDW 2006 WDW 2007 WDW and DCL 2008 Disneyland 2009 WDW 2010 Disneyland 2010 WDW 2011 Disneyland 2011 WDW 2012 Disneyland 2012 WDW 2013 Disneyland 2013
TrvlPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #45
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

You might want to push for gfv direct. Or keep looking for resale gfv. If that is what you love buy there. It is a small resort and studios go quick there
Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #46
disney65
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrvlPrincess View Post

We decided not to get Aulani since like all of you said we are in the east coast.

We love copper creek but it is a replica of our home. We live in a beautiful house in the woods-forest.

This is one of the reasons The Polynesian is so attractive and we just love Grand Floridian DVC. Most of the resale for Grand Floridian are stripped contracts.

If studios works, no reason not to consider Poly, it is a beautiful resort.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:18 AM   #47
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:

Awesome!! Congratulations!!
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:19 AM   #48
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Congratulations! Sounds like you make a great choice!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #49
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
You might want to push for gfv direct. Or keep looking for resale gfv. If that is what you love buy there. It is a small resort and studios go quick there
I agree that the studios go quick at GFV, and owning and booking at 11 months is often not enough to get a studio at GFV.
If you cant grab a studio, then you are left with the 1 bedroom or wait on the 7 month window to book a studio elsewhere.
So I would not buy a small amount of points at GFV to book studios and get shut out.
I have this issue with VGC, which means I rarely use my home resort advantage there because the studios are long gone as soon as the window opens. If I really want to stay in a studio at VGC, I have to start before the window opens.
With PVB, there is a better chance to get the studio at 11 months without walking for 2 weeks or pouncing. PVB points are high, but not as high as a VGF 1 bedroom.
So if the op wants a studio, I would pick the resort that has the most studios and use the 11 month window.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #50
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Congratulations!!! You will love the Poly. Also, if you travel in January, I think you will find that you can occasionally switch resorts and have a few trips at GFV as well. We also travel in January and have stayed at GFV, BLT, and the Poly by making the switch right at the 7 month window.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote