home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #21
LauraLea
Studio

I too think Riviera will have a high price per point. CCV and PVB were old buildings re-purposed into DVC. Riviera will be all new construction and this alone to be enough to bump the price up to $200.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #22
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

I didn't even touch that thread.

A contract brings what it brings. BCV prices are insane right now, and even if I had my heart set on owning there my practical side would have forced me to wait. If you pay 130 for BCV today and it is 90 in a year that is a LOT of extra money for (if you really get down to it) 1Y worth of points.

I realize that if it passes I'm paying more than I could for my BWV contract, but not so much that I'll regret it. In my case I'm paying about $10-$15 more/point than I could if I wait (assuming things calm down in 2018), which is the same I'd pay to rent those points for a year. I can live with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
Just waiting for this seller to post on here wondering why their contract isn't jumping off the....

DVC properties I've tried: BRV (owner), AUL (owner), BWV (owner), VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: VGC
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #23
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

$200 with a Poly points chart would be a hard thing to swallow. $200 with CCV points chart would be a little friendlier.

Of course PVB and BLT are monorail resorts, and their point charts may simply reflect that. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
I too think Riviera will have a high price per point. CCV and PVB were old buildings re-purposed into DVC. Riviera will be all new construction and this alone to be enough to bump the price up to $200.

Laura

DVC properties I've tried: BRV (owner), AUL (owner), BWV (owner), VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: VGC
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #24
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post

Laura
I don't expect Riviera to be listed at $200pp. I am expecting it to be in the $165-$170pp range to start.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #25
richviii
One Bedroom

CCV certainly came in higher than most expected. I see Riveria at $200 with discounts putting it near $185 so people feel like they got a deal. $200 will be hard mentally for most folks. But once it is broken, I think it goes up from there.

2018 Apr - BCV & BLT

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani

2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:32 PM   #26
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Current CCV and Poly, we can not talk Riviera for at least couple yrs.

Particularly CCV is much better deal with new MF being third lowest in WDW resort and point chart equal to BRV
What are the mf's for ccv? Last i looked it was really high, did that change? That might change my add on desire there...
Old 10-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #27
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
What are the mf's for ccv? Last i looked it was really high, did that change? That might change my add on desire there...
The estimated property tax was the main reason for the high MF's and the valuation has come back lower. So, MF's are expected to be adjusted (and will have to be if that info is correct) but until the new budgets are approved it is technically speculation.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #28
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
CCV certainly came in higher than most expected. I see Riveria at $200 with discounts putting it near $185 so people feel like they got a deal. $200 will be hard mentally for most folks. But once it is broken, I think it goes up from there.
This is what I was thinking as well. I'm mentally preparing myself for the $180-190 range with discounts, but I also wouldn't be surprised if I'm totally wrong.
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #29
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv1 View Post
Better question is: What will the point chart look like: Poly or CCV?

Those Poly studio prices.... I get it but MAN they hurt.
They are the same as VGF (give or take a point here or there). IMO those two are the big deal resorts for Disney and that's why they are priced that high. BLT actually is just as bad with their Lake and MK views give or take a little. The magic of MK really wins out over Epcot it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The estimated property tax was the main reason for the high MF's and the valuation has come back lower. So, MF's are expected to be adjusted (and will have to be if that info is correct) but until the new budgets are approved it is technically speculation.

If they are lower I expect the sales to go much faster than they have been next year. We'll find out soon enough though.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #30
TexasChick
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
They are the same as VGF (give or take a point here or there). IMO those two are the big deal resorts for Disney and that's why they are priced that high. BLT actually is just as bad with their Lake and MK views give or take a little. The magic of MK really wins out over Epcot it seems.

If they are lower I expect the sales to go much faster than they have been next year. We'll find out soon enough though.
Despite people's personal preference on MO or even DVC owners, MK is still the BIG money maker for Disney, and those resorts are still their crown jewels. I understand that many people on MO prefer Epcot and those resorts, but the public at large goes to MK more than any other park, and spends more $$$ there. Also, don't forget that MK has more rides than any other park. While the Epcot resorts may be near and dear to many MO's hearts, MK is still the juggernaut of the Disney parks as are its resorts.

Regarding the prices at Riviera...who knows?!? I do enjoy reading all the speculation though.