home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 08:36 AM   #11
capeokw56
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Makes new resort look a better deal.
Speaking of new resorts... that just made me think about what the price per point is going to be on the new resort Riviera. $200??
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #12
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Of course, just because you see a listing at a high price doesn't mean that that's really the going resale price. They are certainly high, but it's the preponderance of listings and recent sales prices that really matter, not the one-off "I just saw" kind of listing. I haven't looked recently, so maybe they're all that high, but the OP seemed to imply a one-off sighting.

Cheers.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:50 AM   #13
disney65
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Speaking of new resorts... that just made me think about what the price per point is going to be on the new resort Riviera. $200??
Current CCV and Poly, we can not talk Riviera for at least couple yrs.

Particularly CCV is much better deal with new MF being third lowest in WDW resort and point chart equal to BRV

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #14
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:
I'm anxiously awaiting this announcement, which I assume won't be for at least another year? With the slow selling out of the most recent new DVC resorts, one would hope they would be smart about pricing to attract interest.... but the mouse does whatever the mouse wants!
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #15
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

I looked up the deed for the BWV contract I'm in ROFR for.

Bought in July of 2000 for $67/point. They did get a loan, but even with that they are doing ok with my $95/point offer. Not to mention they got 17 years of use.

Of course in 2000 $67 a point might of well have been $500 a point because I couldn't have afforded it, but even so it would have been nice to buy in back then.

Just amazing to think that it is very possible that DVC will ROFR this contract, paying the customer MORE than they originally paid 17 years ago. That is DVC in a nutshell in 2017.

DVC properties I've tried: BRV (owner), AUL (owner), BWV (owner), VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: VGC
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #16
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

Better question is: What will the point chart look like: Poly or CCV?

Those Poly studio prices.... I get it but MAN they hurt.

Quote:

DVC properties I've tried: BRV (owner), AUL (owner), BWV (owner), VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: VGC
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #17
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv1 View Post

LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #18
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Back when we first bought resale and direct prices were much closer than they had been the past few years. Actually relatively similar to the spread they are now. When AKV opened a current owner could buy points there in small contracts and sell the small contract for more than point price from DVC - but of course DVC had buy in levels at 160 points too so it was the only way for a new owner to get in with a smaller contract vs the 50 point minimum DVC has dropped to as they have increased prices.

Quote:

CCV only got the point chart they did because of the existing VWL. I'd expect Riviera will bump up again. Maybe not quite to PVB level but then again it might.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #19
Jotunheim
Studio

Quote:
I looked up the deed for the BWV contract I'm in ROFR for.

Bought in July of 2000 for $67/point. They did get a loan, but even with that they are doing ok with my $95/point offer. Not to mention they got 17 years of use.

Of course in 2000 $67 a point might of well have been $500 a point because I couldn't have afforded it, but even so it would have been nice to buy in back then.

Just amazing to think that it is very possible that DVC will ROFR this contract, paying the customer MORE than they originally paid 17 years ago. That is DVC in a nutshell in 2017.
I think is is even more remarkable what has happened at VGC. These points were initially offered at $112 when new in 2009, and now the average resale price for September was $153 - a $41 increase in about 8 years!
Old 10-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #20
richviii
One Bedroom

Just waiting for this seller to post on here wondering why their contract isn't jumping off the....

2018 Apr - BCV & BLT

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani

2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote