home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #41
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
I did not buy at that time, but I did buy BLT when it first came out. I got no real gift, but I did get a big savings incentive. I have been so happy with that purchase, because I could have sold it for more than I paid for it within a couple of years. That is why I always say direct can be a good way to buy.
Bay Lake was the last resort that recognize purchasers who bought at the resort pre-sale.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:55 AM   #42
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Akl/akl is my favorite resort. All we got is a tote when we bought vgf Direct. But I bought it just before second price increase. Got lucky and added more resale soon after but happy with my Direct purchase may buy another small contract Direct when DS turns 18 so he can have full access.
We love AKV too! But we only bought the one contract there. We use our "cheap" resale at AKV most of the time.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #43
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I just got off of the Fantasy. I went to the DVC meetings. There are no incentives of any kind for the “classic” resorts nor for any other resort other than Poly, Aulani, or CCV. Non, nada. The promo is 10% off current purchase price, but excludes any fixed weeks. Still too expensive IMO and years to break even are still over 10 years.
Correct.....Discounts only apply to new resorts in active sales.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #44
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I am surprised they still sell fixed weeks since it is rarely mentioned anymore.
Were you specifically looking for fixed weeks? 11 month booking window is getting aggressive for certain holidays, etc... but would be nice.

DVC should be willing to give out more complimentary merchandise at some of their Open House, meetings, etc.... I know I used to wear a Disney Vacation Club backpack that I got at a complimentary Open House at the BLT Top of the World along with winning a gift card. Whenever I wore that backpack somebody always wanted to know about the Disney Club! Free advertising in our home towns for DVC sounds like a smart thing. (And they should fill the backpack with brochures for us to hand out, haha)
The only DVC gifts I've gotten lately are those left in my stateroom on a DCL cruise or those we get while attending the DVC meeting while onboard.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote