home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #1
richviii
One Bedroom

Default Selling Regrets

Do you wonder for sellers who have signed contracts with “can sell after ??/20??” Are now regretting with the sudden pop in prices? Could they do things to now to get the contract cancelled? I have no evidence this could/would happen it is just curiousosity.

2018 Apr - BCV & BLT

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani

2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
Jasonv1
Two Bedroom

I'm sure someone in here knows the answer, but you could always e-mail a broker about a contract currently for sale with such restrictions and ask the "what if" question.

I may sell a SSR contract with a similar restriction but odds are by the time I list it it wouldn't close until my required date anyway (first week of January) so it wouldn't matter.

DVC properties I've tried: BRV (owner), AUL (owner), BWV (owner), VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, BLT, AKV
Waiting to close on: VGC
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:46 PM   #3
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

i don't think the seller can increase the price if the points are under contract and earnest money has been paid without pissing everyone off and, i expect, owing the full commission to the broker. i have multiple contracts on the market like this, one has sold. i see it as "a deal is a deal"...no regrets. but i am not selling at less than my expected/desired price.

my contracts can close by end of 2017; some people have sold contracts that cannot close til 2020? that's pretty strange.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 10-08-2017 at 06:57 PM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i don't think the seller can increase the price if the points are under contract and earnest money has been paid without pissing everyone off and, i expect, owing the full commission to the broker. i have multiple contracts on the market like this, one has sold. i see it as "a deal is a deal"...no regrets. but i am not selling at less than my expected/desired price.

my contracts can close by end of 2017; some people have sold contracts that cannot close til 2020? that's pretty strange.
How can a contract not be able to close till 2020????
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #5
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
How can a contract not be able to close till 2020????
my question - op said that....

Old 10-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #6
disney65
Grand Villa

I believe a typo in 2020 dates.

Seller can cancel anytime nothing you as a buyer can do. OTOH broker can go after seller for full commission but they never do due to legal cost.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:30 PM   #7
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
Do you wonder for sellers who have signed contracts with “can sell after ??/20??”
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
my question - op said that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
I believe a typo in 2020 dates.

Seller can cancel anytime nothing you as a buyer can do. OTOH broker can go after seller for full commission but they never do due to legal cost.
Could be, see above it is ??/20??
Maybe op left out / and 20 is the date and question mark is the year?? Maybe OP, will come back on and explain?
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Talking

When I read the title I thought "Sorry, I don't want to buy any..."

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #9
richviii
One Bedroom

I meant 20?? as in generically. It could be 2017, 2018, etc. I saw contracts last year that could not close till December of this year and beyond. If I listed and sold (but not closed) a year ago, I might realize how much more I could have charged. That being said, when I see contracts now, I guess I could be "locking" in today's prices. BUT I could also see the reverse, what if the market tanks and now I have agreed to prices much higher than what the current market is at. While I get some people don't need their points now but I never get these contracts with 1 year plus out closings.

2018 Apr - BCV & BLT

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani

2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:01 PM   #10
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

a year out is way too long but in another recent thread some posters balked at any such "closing by" statement...saying it was a contract they wouldn't even consider. and, my closing dates were the middle of december, 2017, normal closing time but mentioned for full disclosure.

however, i think a short window is not an issue for most buyers/sellers.