home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
bjackowski
Studio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 153
Default How to get two years points when buying direct

Hi!

I know I've read it multiple times about buying direct and getting double points, but now I'm confused about how it works.

We've gotten pretty serious about buying and we're going to start by buying small direct. That said, I need some info on how you get the double points. At this point I've been told that VGF does not have a waiting list, so buying there is out. We may do BLT and if not CCV. I'm not too concerned about use year. I was thinking Oct but the guide told me something about that being difficult because of last minute cancellations and holding and then needing to use by Nov. Please enlighten me if that is not correct.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
bjackowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
mustinjourney
Two Bedroom
 
mustinjourney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackowski View Post
Hi!

I know I've read it multiple times about buying direct and getting double points, but now I'm confused about how it works.

We've gotten pretty serious about buying and we're going to start by buying small direct. That said, I need some info on how you get the double points. At this point I've been told that VGF does not have a waiting list, so buying there is out. We may do BLT and if not CCV. I'm not too concerned about use year. I was thinking Oct but the guide told me something about that being difficult because of last minute cancellations and holding and then needing to use by Nov. Please enlighten me if that is not correct.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Double points just means you buy right before your UY starts. So right now, if you have a DEC use year, you'll get 2016 points (which they'll bank for you).

They act like it's a bonus, but it's legally what they're required to do.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #3
bubster
Grand Villa
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 3,388
Default

It depends on your Use Year. You will always only get current year's points but since you mentioned October UY they are still in 2016 points if you would buy now. Then in October you would "get" 2017 points. I think that's how that would work for your double point question.

If I am wrong I'm sure someone else will set you straight.
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 29,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
It depends on your Use Year. You will always only get current year's points but since you mentioned October UY they are still in 2016 points if you would buy now. Then in October you would "get" 2017 points. I think that's how that would work for your double point question.

If I am wrong I'm sure someone else will set you straight.

Sorry...

It's October 7, so we're already in the October 2017 use year. Only 2017 points would be given for an October use year.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #5
bjackowski
Studio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 153
Default

Okay, so I'll need to make sure I'm persistent with asking for Oct or Dec use year at this point. Right? Or buy at a different time...

Thanks!
bjackowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:33 PM   #6
bubster
Grand Villa
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sorry...

It's October 7, so we're already in the October 2017 use year. Only 2017 points would be given for an October use year.
Doh!! I'm still in September.... Thanks!
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:33 PM   #7
bjackowski
Studio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sorry...

It's October 7, so we're already in the October 2017 use year. Only 2017 points would be given for an October use year.
Okay, then Dec if I want to buy right now....
bjackowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #8
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom
 
ealvarado8899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackowski View Post
Okay, then Dec if I want to buy right now....
My agent would only sell me a matching use year. If you already have a contract, they might hold you to that UY. Be interested in knowing if someone was able to bypass that.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
1977 - Disneyland
1996 - Dixie Landings 2 weeks - Early December
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June
2018 - SSR - March - Spring Break

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #9
bubster
Grand Villa
 
bubster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Washington IL
Posts: 3,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackowski View Post
Okay, so I'll need to make sure I'm persistent with asking for Oct or Dec use year at this point. Right? Or buy at a different time...

Thanks!
Nope, if you want the double points this year forget Oct and stick with December. Then again maybe you shouldn't listen to me at all based on my earlier advice.
__________________
Visitor Since '75 owner since '09
bubster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #10
bjackowski
Studio
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Nope, if you want the double points this year forget Oct and stick with December. Then again maybe you shouldn't listen to me at all based on my earlier advice.
Appreciate the feedback.
bjackowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.