home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 04:19 PM   #21
goldilocks_63
Two Bedroom

Talking My vote is keep the contract

I say keep the 25 point contract...

You may want to use for splurge on NYE.. for fireworks, or something for just a day.

My vote is to keep, goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #22
TrvlPrincess
Grand Villa

I Had a 25 points contract for OKW and sold it
And I regretted it.

My Previous Trips:
WDW 1999 WDW 2000 WDW 2001 WDW 2002 DCL 2002 WDW 2004 Disneyland 2004 WDW 2006 WDW 2007 WDW and DCL 2008 Disneyland 2009 WDW 2010 Disneyland 2010 WDW 2011 Disneyland 2011 WDW 2012 Disneyland 2012 WDW 2013 Disneyland 2013
TrvlPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #23
bwvBound
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luaulei321 View Post
Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts, everyone. We're still hopeful for a good outcome for our house as well as those of my parents and sister. Things are looking good right now, but it's hard to say what will happen. They are expecting high winds tonight, which can be a game changer. Schools all over the Bay Area have been closed this week due to the awful air quality.
We are just back from weekend cruise on the Wonder and checking in on this thread. How are you holding up?
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #24
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
We are just back from weekend cruise on the Wonder and checking in on this thread. How are you holding up?
Thanks so much for checking in. I'm delighted to say that the evacuations and advisories for our area were lifted, and we are now back at home. We will be forever grateful to those hardworking firefighters and other first responders who have been working so hard to get these awful fires under control and kept the fire from spreading to our neighborhood. I feel so bad for those who were less fortunate than us and either lost their homes or are in areas that are still actively being impacted by the fires. We are continuing to keep them in our thoughts and prayers.
luaulei321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #25
LR0929
One Bedroom

Quote:
Thanks so much for checking in. I'm delighted to say that the evacuations and advisories for our area were lifted, and we are now back at home. We will be forever grateful to those hardworking firefighters and other first responders who have been working so hard to get these awful fires under control and kept the fire from spreading to our neighborhood. I feel so bad for those who were less fortunate than us and either lost their homes or are in areas that are still actively being impacted by the fires. We are continuing to keep them in our thoughts and prayers.
Glad to hear you are doing well and back home! I've been watching on the news every day and it's really heartbreaking.
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #26
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
Glad to hear you are doing well and back home! I've been watching on the news every day and it's really heartbreaking.
Thank you!

The widespread loss of lives and property around here is devastating.

To say that this past week was stressful is an understatement. The fires are not out yet, but the containment numbers are slowly rising. The first responders who are out there risking their lives are amazing, and everyone in our community is eternally grateful. There are lots of ongoing efforts to feed the first responders and provide them with toiletries, supplies, and other necessities while they are out there doing their thing. The fires in our immediate area have been addressed, but the community continues to organize the collection of food, beverages, and supplies that they are delivering to the first responders in areas that are currently still dealing with the fires. There's a local deli here that closed its doors to the public for the last week so that they can prepare sandwiches for the first responders. They are collecting donations of sandwich ingredients as well as chips, beverages, energy drinks, etc as well as coordinating volunteer efforts to crank out thousands of sandwiches per day.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #27
Disney dreaming
One Bedroom

OMG prayers for all
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:15 AM   #28
bwvBound
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Thanks so much for checking in. I'm delighted to say that the evacuations and advisories for our area were lifted, and we are now back at home.
So glad to read this!
Quote:
We will be forever grateful to those hardworking firefighters and other first responders ....
Indeed! Gives one an entirely new appreciation and respect.
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:13 AM   #29
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney dreaming View Post
OMG prayers for all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
So glad to read this!
Indeed! Gives one an entirely new appreciation and respect.
Thank you!