home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #51
ajc
One Bedroom
 
ajc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waterford VA
Posts: 264
Default

in 2013 we bought 100 points at AKL-Kidani from DVC.
We tried and liked OKW with rented points and added only 25 points (should have done 50 for what closing cost dinged me. I didn't mind the shorter contract timeline with 25 yrs left (as we would be in our 80's ) then did an add-on 70 point cash resale at Vero Beach because it was cheaper $62/pt with MF at builder's incentive rate
We only do studios (cheaper and not in the room that much) but sure afraid to love a 1 BDRM option and I can have my DD & SIL in their own studio if we need to use more points.
I have contract accepted for another DVC @ VWL /BRV at 45 points for OUCH $120/pt but it is a Xmas present for DH and the heart wants want then heart wants
That would bring us to 240 points and allow a nice 3 trips a year in a studio with a little vero beach at the end of one visit. We travel on the cheap since we don't have kids in school and who wants to do WDW in the heat of summer and school breaks? Not this MO. we like October/January/May for weather, economy of points, and crowds. FYI we will be in WDW in Feb this year for a conference and boy did we have a great time on Super Bowl Sunday last year since the park was less populated.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #52
ajc
One Bedroom
 
ajc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waterford VA
Posts: 264
Default

How long ago was your first purchase? I have a reservation for August 2018 at the value studio in Jambo and the savannah studio in Kidani! Can't wait. I read that the Kidani view was better, but that Jambo has more food and activities. Is that why you prefer Jambo?

We like the spa at Jambo (sauna & steam rooms are lovely and free) and restaurant options (Mara quick service, Boma has an awesome buffet for breakfast and very affordable). WE like Sanaa too but tend to eat so late that we don't get much animal view).
I am a stalker for the value studios for the points so that is Jambo all the way.
I love the flamingos by the pool and like to hear them call by the pool.
And the gift shop at Jambo is well appointed with that awesome lobby with the bridge and fireplace.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #53
bgoss16
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Denver
Posts: 6
Default

Congrats and Welcome Home!
bgoss16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #54
MagicAllAroundUs
Studio
 
MagicAllAroundUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: SF Bay Area, California
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
How long ago was your first purchase? I have a reservation for August 2018 at the value studio in Jambo and the savannah studio in Kidani! Can't wait. I read that the Kidani view was better, but that Jambo has more food and activities. Is that why you prefer Jambo?

We like the spa at Jambo (sauna & steam rooms are lovely and free) and restaurant options (Mara quick service, Boma has an awesome buffet for breakfast and very affordable). WE like Sanaa too but tend to eat so late that we don't get much animal view).
I am a stalker for the value studios for the points so that is Jambo all the way.
I love the flamingos by the pool and like to hear them call by the pool.
And the gift shop at Jambo is well appointed with that awesome lobby with the bridge and fireplace.
I'm a newb.. My first purchase was last month, second week of September. Passed ROFR and now waiting for the closing documents. Should close by November 27, 2017. Second purchase was for 50 points through DVC direct at the Polynesian, and the third was for AKV through a resale broker. Just started the process and am really hoping it passes ROFR. Right off the bat, I know that I'll be aiming for AKV's Value studios (hence my AKV purchase) since for a majority of our time at WDW, I travel alone with my 4 year old. You've got me really excited with your description! We really like Boma and will be trying Sanaa for our first time at the end of this month.
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #55
ajc
One Bedroom
 
ajc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Waterford VA
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicAllAroundUs View Post
I'm a newb.. My first purchase was last month, second week of September. Passed ROFR and now waiting for the closing documents. Should close by November 27, 2017. Second purchase was for 50 points through DVC direct at the Polynesian, and the third was for AKV through a resale broker. Just started the process and am really hoping it passes ROFR. Right off the bat, I know that I'll be aiming for AKV's Value studios (hence my AKV purchase) since for a majority of our time at WDW, I travel alone with my 4 year old. You've got me really excited with your description! We really like Boma and will be trying Sanaa for our first time at the end of this month.
According to the planning map there are 8 value rooms and we have had parking lot, pool, and savanna view. I love the pool view as the flamingos call (more like a goose honk at all hours) - (although I am not a fan of the pool washing pressure hoses at 7 AM). If you request an upper floor/near elevator it puts you near the spa entrance by the pool/slide & hot tub.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #56
MagicAllAroundUs
Studio
 
MagicAllAroundUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: SF Bay Area, California
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
According to the planning map there are 8 value rooms and we have had parking lot, pool, and savanna view. I love the pool view as the flamingos call (more like a goose honk at all hours) - (although I am not a fan of the pool washing pressure hoses at 7 AM). If you request an upper floor/near elevator it puts you near the spa entrance by the pool/slide & hot tub.
Wow only 8? No wonder they all get booked on the first day of the 11 month window!
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 AM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.