home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you get groceries to your room?
GardenGrocer.com 79 31.10%
WeGoShop.com 28 11.02%
Other grocery delivery service 26 10.24%
DVC grocery order form 5 1.97%
Disney Resort gift shop 14 5.51%
Drive to offsite grocery store 94 37.01%
Use car service that makes a grocery stop 8 3.15%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #21
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty007 View Post
This year we are spending our 1st week at BLT, so for a change we are going without a car for this week. I was looking at garden grocer in order to get our groceries delivered to bell services so that they would be there when we arrive.

I was wondering if you can get alcohol delivered and stored at bell services with your groceries, or do you need to be there in person to sign for alcohol?
Yes, you can have alcohol delivered, however WegoShop will require you be there for delivery so that she can check your ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
I love Wegoshop. I prefer being able to choose the brands I want. I also like only being charged the grocery store price and Amy does a great job of selecting the best value for any item I give her the freedom to do so. When we get our stuff it's like I did the shopping myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari23 View Post
For our trips we bring a small suitcase with some snacks but we always order from WeGoShop. I love the fact that Amy will purchase items we ask for to a tee and if the store is running a sale on the items I ordered she brings the extras without question.

I like the fact that she has personally met us for drop-off and seeing her now is like seeing an old friend.

I tried doing an online order with Garden Grocer a couple of times and for what we ordered the selection was limited and the price was more than what I was willing to pay.

I will give GG a try for our next visit though. Things may have changed.

Another big vote for Wegoshop. Amy is great!!! The first time we used her we ordered PullUPs for the girls. Forgot to tell her if she should get boy or girl Pullups so she bought both and took back the boy ones when she met us and found out whether we needed boy or girl stuff. What service.

Another testimonial for Amy, we sent in our order for Thanksgiving day about a month before our arrival. Within 10 minutes of sending the order in, her husband called me to let me know they could not deliver on Thanksgiving day. So they delivered on the day before and SSR kept the groceries in the fridge for us until we got there.

Love Wegoshop.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #22
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

I use a rental car. Used to drive to Publix first night down. Now I stop at the SuperTarget on Orange Blossom Trail on the way to WDW from the airport.

How do I get them to my *room*? I lug them to my room from the car. Usually takes three trips as they are mostly beverages plus breakfast supplies. This is much easier when staying at OKW!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #23
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

We just drive to an off site store to get our groceries. That said if we do run out of milk, we'll just buy it from the Disney gift shop at the resort because I've found out milk is only about $.10-.20 more on site than off.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #24
ConchCooler
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty007 View Post
This year we are spending our 1st week at BLT, so for a change we are going without a car for this week. I was looking at garden grocer in order to get our groceries delivered to bell services so that they would be there when we arrive.

I was wondering if you can get alcohol delivered and stored at bell services with your groceries, or do you need to be there in person to sign for alcohol?
They'll deliver and store alcohol. No need to be there to sign. We had a couple of 12 packs of beer that were waiting for us when we got back from the park. Bell services brought it right up. I think they require confirmation of age when you initially complete your order on their website. (We used garden grocer.)
Old 02-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #25
DisneyPhD
One Bedroom

I wish I could have chosen multiple items here because we've done many of them. Most recently we used our rental car on the last two trips but we've used Garden Grocer many times before that. Before there was magical express we used a town car service that made a grocery stop. We've also picked up a few items at the resort gift shop. I voted for GG since we've used that the most and we've always had good service from them.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:50 PM   #26
Wilkeroo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohn06 View Post

I'm such a miser and love that they will pick up the specific items I want.

They also have a $100 gift certificate for $75 on their website.
I guess because I don't have a trip coming up until October I hadn't checked the WeGo Shop website lately to realize they had this deal on. They had an even better one last year which was a $200 gift certificate for $125. We ordered three of them and had $600 worth of groceries for $375. It was perfect for our trip last summer with 9 of us that included my sister's three teenaged kids. Went through $600 worth of groceries in a week no problem.
Wilkeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:14 PM   #27
T1lersm0m
Grand Villa

I refuse to be a slave to the Disney transportation system, so even the few times we've flown, I've rented a car. I did one trip with no car and will never do that again. I drive to all of the parks except for MK (only so we can skip the monorail or ferry).

So, because I always have a car, I go to Walmart and do my grocery shopping. Reasonable prices, no delivery fee, and I can buy stuff on a whim instead of figuring out what I'll need a week or more ahead of time.

I read some people's comments about not driving on vacation and not cooking or doing laundry. I totally applaud those people. Unfortunately for me, money, my impatience, and my hatred of going home with dirty clothes are what drives me on vacation.

I work M - F and only cook a few days a week. On vacation I don't mind cooking at all. I think my desire to drive is my control freak side coming out.

FW Feb 2001
FW March 2004
AKL August 2004
DL July 2005
PC September 2006
All Star Sports September 2007
PC December 2009
POFQ January 2011 (cold year!)
Offsite March 2012
CS November 2012
Offsite November/December 2013
OKW December 2014
AKV November 2015
HHI December 2016 (one night only)
SSR December 2016
T1lersm0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #28
jonty007
One Bedroom

Thanks for the answers regarding the GG alcohol deliveries. After 10hr flight / customs / Magic Express it's nice to know there'll be an ice cold beer waiting! 🍺

jonty007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #29
Fouryoungs
One Bedroom

We have used Garden Grocer twice now and I would say the service was excellent. They call you to let you know your groceries are at the resort and they follow-up to make sure everything is OK. Very, very pleased with their service.

Jeff Angela Zack Abby
Fouryoungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:28 PM   #30
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

I don't see Southwest + Magical Express listed. But it is certainly how we get most of our stuff to the room.

As we have access to washer and dryer, we bring very few clothes. But, lots and lots of groceries in our checked bags. Then it magically appears in the our room via ME, while we hit the parks.

Part of it, of course, is being frugal. But, more than that, I don't want to spend my vacation time shopping for this and that. Or making multiple runs off property.

But, for some reason, it doesn't bother me at all -- it's actually kind of fun -- to spend a few evenings planning out all expected needs and getting it all packed up at home. It has saved us a lot of money and improved our vacation experience. I'm sure the folks at TSA think we are nuts, as our grocery bags get inspected every single times.

I've become really good at bringing just enough so that it all gets used. From gummy bears to gin, it all works. We typically come home with two or three empty suitcases, which makes it very easy to pack up on departure day.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote