home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you get groceries to your room?
GardenGrocer.com 79 31.10%
WeGoShop.com 28 11.02%
Other grocery delivery service 26 10.24%
DVC grocery order form 5 1.97%
Disney Resort gift shop 14 5.51%
Drive to offsite grocery store 94 37.01%
Use car service that makes a grocery stop 8 3.15%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #11
Wilkeroo
Two Bedroom

We use WeGo Shop and have been very happy with their service. Being Canadian, we initially struggled with placing an order through them as we weren't familiar with all of the brands and the sizing. After a few trips, we figured things out and now I keep electronic versions of a variety of past shopping lists stored on my computer that I tweak before a trip. For example, I have shopping lists for when we stay in a studio and ones for staying in a one bedroom. I have lists for 4 people and lists for trips with 8 people. I have lists for 5 night stays and lists for 12 night stays. It's easy to pull up the list that most closely matches our upcoming trip and make adjustments prior to ordering.
Wilkeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #12
ScarZo
Studio

I chose "other grocery service." That would be us. We almost always fly Southwest, so we pack a suitcase full of food. We freeze some of the items which helps keep things cool. We used the DVC service in the early days, but it seemed expensive with limited options. We almost used a service like Garden Grocer the last time. I'd like to try them the next time just to see how it goes.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #13
John n Karen
Two Bedroom

Don't have an option for 'bring with us', which is what we do.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #14
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

We have used We Go Shop. We have brought our own when driving in. we have brought our own in smaller quantity when flying in (in luggage). We have grabbed some stuff from the resort store and we have ordered off the resort pre-order form. We only did breakfast in our villa and like to have drinks and a few snacks but that's all.

We have tried all the ways and found what works best for us is: As of late we don't eat very much breakfast in our villa and just wait for a good lunch or we grab some sort of pastry in the parks. And sometimes I'll run down and grab stuff at resort store or CS for breakfast while DH and/or the kids are slowly getting up and ready.

I don't think we'll do any grocery orders again. We'll stick with bringing some stuff (granola bars and such) and winging it from there.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #15
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
We either drive and get our own or use wegoshop, which is a great service and we love the fact that they will get us whatever we want at the regular prices.

I'm such a miser and love that they will pick up the specific items I want.

They also have a $100 gift certificate for $75 on their website.

Djohn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:43 PM   #16
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

I checked resort store but typically we pack all non perishable items in one suitcase and check it. We basically pick up milk and fruit in the store or quick service
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:18 AM   #17
mrgust
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We fly in and prefer to rent a vehicle for the course of our stay. Given the expense of airfare and the timing difficulties around school schedules, we have to fit in all we can during our once-yearly trip. We like having the option of off-site dining, as well as the ease of coming and going throughout the day. We pick up our rental car from the airport and stop at a Publix on the way to the resort. We typically just pick up things needed for breakfast, light sandwiches, and snacks.
mrgust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:24 AM   #18
jonty007
One Bedroom

This year we are spending our 1st week at BLT, so for a change we are going without a car for this week. I was looking at garden grocer in order to get our groceries delivered to bell services so that they would be there when we arrive.

I was wondering if you can get alcohol delivered and stored at bell services with your groceries, or do you need to be there in person to sign for alcohol?

jonty007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:02 AM   #19
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

I love Wegoshop. I prefer being able to choose the brands I want. I also like only being charged the grocery store price and Amy does a great job of selecting the best value for any item I give her the freedom to do so. When we get our stuff it's like I did the shopping myself.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #20
Mari23
Two Bedroom

For our trips we bring a small suitcase with some snacks but we always order from WeGoShop. I love the fact that Amy will purchase items we ask for to a tee and if the store is running a sale on the items I ordered she brings the extras without question.

I like the fact that she has personally met us for drop-off and seeing her now is like seeing an old friend.

I tried doing an online order with Garden Grocer a couple of times and for what we ordered the selection was limited and the price was more than what I was willing to pay.

I will give GG a try for our next visit though. Things may have changed.

Trip Reports: 2013 Oct-Nov Trip Report

Visits to the World:

Oct 2016: SSR (Hurrican Matthew) ~~ Feb-March 2015: AoA Nemo ~~ April-May 2014: POFQ ~~ Oct-Nov 2013 - AoA:LK Suite ~~April 2013: Pop ~~ Oct 2012: CSR - "A much needed trip" ~~ Dec 2011: POFQ - "Mickey Boot Camp" (Per DH) ~~June 2008: Pop ~~ July 2004: AS-S ~~Aug 2002: AS-S ~~ Summer 1999: Disney's College Program (MK outdoor foods) ~~Aug 1994: (1st Trip to the world) - HoJo Inn
Mari23 is offline   Reply With Quote