home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #11
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Well aren't they getting all cocky about their IT systems.

(I've never liked calling for reservations and do everything I can online or via the app but it's a little presumptuous that all their guests are necessarily at a level that they all can/will easily book online).

This is the marketing spun dribble from the Disney Parks Blog. :

"With hundreds of amazing dining locations to choose from, finding the perfect place to eat at Walt Disney World Resort is easier than ever before. From mobile ordering meals through the My Disney Experience app, to searching for favorite menu items online, guests are able to save time so that they can enjoy all there is to see and do across our parks. Beginning today, due to their overwhelming popularity, the My Disney Experience app and DisneyWorld.com will become the preferred home for booking and modifying table service dining reservations.
Guests can conveniently manage their table service dining reservations right at their fingertips, whenever they choose, alongside other plans they make with family and friends for their visit. Rest assured, as always, cast members at the Disney Reservation Center will continue to be available to help with reservations for groups of eight or more, same-day cancelations, in addition to other assistance guests may need, including Disney Resort hotel reservations, special offers, general questions and more.
Be sure to visit our website and stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for the latest information on all things food and beverage at Walt Disney World Resort!"

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-world-resort/
It sounds like same day modifications are still good if done by phone.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #12
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

I use online to book, but will be sorry to see the call center go. I have used them a few times successfully when trying to get hard to get reservations. Sometimes they can see or find what a computer can't.

Split stays will be an issue but MS has been handling this. Downside for MS is the long wait times.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #13
zulaya
Grand Villa

It's been years since I tried to book V&A's, but back then, your only option was to call.

Is that going online, too?

DVC Member since 2002. Homes at BCV and AKV
30+ trips!

Next trip DH and I: Dec 2019
Next trip the whole fam: May 2020
zulaya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:12 AM   #14
Crafty
Grand Villa

Didnít they raise prices this week, too? I read something about a food and beverage price increase, but didnít catch all the details.

While I prefer to book online, I donít have high confidence in their IT systems. I see a lot of potential for snafus.
Crafty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:47 PM   #15
mitchwebb
One Bedroom

As easy as I find the Disney dinning system I still book arrival night on Open Table. Don't want to have to worry if travel plans do not work as expected. I have Flying Fish booked for our first night this trip through Open Table.
mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #16
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Didnít they raise prices this week, too? I read something about a food and beverage price increase, but didnít catch all the details.

While I prefer to book online, I donít have high confidence in their IT systems. I see a lot of potential for snafus.
They've been raising them at various places over the last few weeks.

I have no confidence in their IT unfortunately, but almost always do it online. Though I'd call MS before DD to get it booked if I needed it.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #17
TexasChick
Grand Villa

You still have to call for parties of 8 or more at most places too.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #18
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Nothing really changed.....just the emphasis and push for people to book online or on the app.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #19
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulaya View Post
It's been years since I tried to book V&A's, but back then, your only option was to call.

Is that going online, too?
I suspect that will remain a call. They took dietary restrictions and other info over the phone, too. They pretty much have their own system.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #20
gopherit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
You still have to call for parties of 8 or more at most places too.
And lemme tell ya - they have no clue what to do with you, lol.

I called last night because I wanted to know if Le Cellier could accommodate our party of 9. The website said call WDW-DINE for a party our size. So I did. THe voice prompts ask if you are trying to change an existing ressie, make a large party ressie, and reminds you that for the usual ressies - go to their website. I finally get a human and she says "You have to call Le Cellier directly. I will patch you through." So she did... to a Disney receptionist... who connected me to the restaurant... where the phone rang for 2.5 minutes, no answer, until a recorded voice said, "Thank you for calling Disney! Would you like to stay on the line for a brief survey about the quality of your call!" I punched the "no" button... it hung up.

Soooo I call WDW-DINE again. I go through the press this button, push that button, yada yada again, wait 5 mins, get a human... and she says, "Oh you have to call the restaurant... let me patch you through..." but I said, "WAIT! Don't... just give me the phone number, and I will call them. They must be busy right now because they aren't answering." She gives me the number... hmmm, seems familiar but whatever, I jot it down, thank her, decline the survey, and dial the number. Lo and behold... my cell phone already knows this number... because it's WDW-DINE. She gave me the number for Disney Dining.

SOOOOOO I dial it alright, go thru the bleepin' prompts again... wait 5 more minutes.. get ANOTHER human... and I explain what's happened and ask sweetly, "Could you possibly just give me the Le Cellier number so I can call it myself in the morning?" Nope. This castmember was adamant she was gonna fix me up with a reservation - by splitting up my group. I explained to her that if that's what needed to happan - I could make that ressie myself online, through MDE... but no, she wanted to do it. Said it would be faster. Said it would save me time. And I really wanted to believe her.

Sadly, she was wrong.

She wanted all sort of info (like the full spelling of my entire party of 9's names).... I said, it's ok, I apreciate what you're trying to do, you know, but I can just make the ressie on MDE, and select my party there... don't you want to use my MDE info and link these that way so you don't have to enter everyone's name, address, phone #, etc.? But it's like she was on a mission to "make it right." She said she would link it to my MDE and it would all be good. In the end... I had two ressies for 2 tables at Le Cellier, neither of which was linked (had to do that myself). Sigh. And I still have no phone # for Le Cellier, so I can't call to reconcile (if in fact that's what I'm supposed to do). She claimed that they don't accept parties bigger than 7... does anyone know if that's true?