home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
Nickys
Grand Villa

Default Changes to booking regular dining start tomorrow

As of tomorrow, Oct 13th, the only way to book regular dining reservations will be online via the app or website.

There is nothing yet on the WDW website. The FAQs on the DVC site still give the phone number as an option. And nothing about whether Member Services will continue to book for you if you have a split stay. 🤷*♀️

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...servations.htm
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
As of tomorrow, Oct 13th, the only way to book regular dining reservations will be online via the app or website.

There is nothing yet on the WDW website. The FAQs on the DVC site still give the phone number as an option. And nothing about whether Member Services will continue to book for you if you have a split stay. 🤷*♀️

I wonder how this affects adjusting reservations within 24 hours? The app has always forced me to call if I want to move the reservation for that night or the next morning to a later date so I could cancel it without penalty. I've only had to do that a couple of times, but plans do change and sometimes you decide that day you simply don't want to do something.

They may be tightening up on that. I had to call to change my Tiffins reservation to the RoL Package. They treated it as a cancellation and new reservation (which I suspect it was) and "graciously" offered how they would waive the cancellation for the first plain reservation (after it had already been canceled, no less). That caught me up short. It should have been a no brainer, not a "pixie dust" moment. We were still going to dinner. We were still going to spend a lot of money. It was just a different reservation class!!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

I always book things online (except for PfTS), so this will not impact us. Still, I don't like to see options go away.

Cheers.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #4
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I always book things online (except for PfTS), so this will not impact us. Still, I don't like to see options go away.

Cheers.
Booking online has been a no-brainer for us. My only concern is the ability to change within 24 hours. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, and often once a trip.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #5
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Booking online has been a no-brainer for us. My only concern is the ability to change within 24 hours. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, and often once a trip.

Dirk
Thsy'd damn well better allow calling for that!

Cheers.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #6
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Dirk
Old 10-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #7
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
I wonder how this affects adjusting reservations within 24 hours? The app has always forced me to call if I want to move the reservation for that night or the next morning to a later date so I could cancel it without penalty. I've only had to do that a couple of times, but plans do change and sometimes you decide that day you simply don't want to do something.

They may be tightening up on that. I had to call to change my Tiffins reservation to the RoL Package. They treated it as a cancellation and new reservation (which I suspect it was) and "graciously" offered how they would waive the cancellation for the first plain reservation (after it had already been canceled, no less). That caught me up short. It should have been a no brainer, not a "pixie dust" moment. We were still going to dinner. We were still going to spend a lot of money. It was just a different reservation class!!

Dirk
Hmmm. Pretty sure I switched restaurant reservations on this trip via the App within 24 hours. I donít think I got a cancellation charge but I better review my bill again.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
Nickys
Grand Villa

I would hope you could still call to resolve problems. Things like being late to arrive so will miss a reservation. And I really hope MS will be able to book dining for us.

I also assume you will be able to call and speak to a CM about special diets and allergies. I know that provides peace of mind for so many people.

As someone pointed out, the days of speaking to a CM and having special celebrations added or a bit of pixie dust sprinkled may be over.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #9
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Well aren't they getting all cocky about their IT systems.

(I've never liked calling for reservations and do everything I can online or via the app but it's a little presumptuous that all their guests are necessarily at a level that they all have the appropriate devices and can/will easily book online. I'll hope those who can't book online will not have to jump thru a ton of hoops before someone will assist them in reservations).

This is the marketing spun dribble from the Disney Parks Blog. :

"With hundreds of amazing dining locations to choose from, finding the perfect place to eat at Walt Disney World Resort is easier than ever before. From mobile ordering meals through the My Disney Experience app, to searching for favorite menu items online, guests are able to save time so that they can enjoy all there is to see and do across our parks. Beginning today, due to their overwhelming popularity, the My Disney Experience app and DisneyWorld.com will become the preferred home for booking and modifying table service dining reservations.
Guests can conveniently manage their table service dining reservations right at their fingertips, whenever they choose, alongside other plans they make with family and friends for their visit. Rest assured, as always, cast members at the Disney Reservation Center will continue to be available to help with reservations for groups of eight or more, same-day cancelations, in addition to other assistance guests may need, including Disney Resort hotel reservations, special offers, general questions and more.
Be sure to visit our website and stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for the latest information on all things food and beverage at Walt Disney World Resort!"

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-world-resort/

Last edited by Goofygrl; 10-12-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #10
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

Well, then, it's a good thing Mom and Dad went to Walt Disney World several years ago. They don't have a computer, nor do they have a cell phone that includes apps-very basic. They did WDW the "old-fashioned" way-stood in line for rides too.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote