home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Default ESPN Club or Geyser Point -- NCAAF

I guess I made the mistake of assuming it would be easy to get an ADR at ESPN Club on a saturday during football season -- but as of now, there is no availability when I'll be there October 19.

Last time I went there in November of 2017, I had zero issues walking in and sitting down, so I'm not sure what is normal.

Assuming I don't get an ADR -- is the bar pretty much packed on Saturdays during football season? If so -- my other option is Geyser point. How packed is that place on fall Saturdays?

Thanks!
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:12 AM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

I recently wandered around Coronado Springs Resort and was astounded at the number of televisions in their RIX Sports Bar and Grill. I think you will find the disneyparkblog has a restaurant review with some photos. It is not an outdoor venue like Geyser Point but Looks like a better choice for serious sports viewing.
The entire Coronado Springs Resort area has transitioned into a very deluxe location with the addition of the new Destino Tower and Three Bridges Bar & Grill which is similar to Geyser but more upscale. I would guess reservations are recommended for the really popular games.
Disneyworld.com describes Rix Sports Bar as having 31 state of the art tv screens for perfect sports fan viewing choices.
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:33 AM   #3
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I recently wandered around Coronado Springs Resort and was astounded at the number of televisions in their RIX Sports Bar and Grill. I think you will find the disneyparkblog has a restaurant review with some photos. It is not an outdoor venue like Geyser Point but Looks like a better choice for serious sports viewing.
The entire Coronado Springs Resort area has transitioned into a very deluxe location with the addition of the new Destino Tower and Three Bridges Bar & Grill which is similar to Geyser but more upscale. I would guess reservations are recommended for the really popular games.
Disneyworld.com describes Rix Sports Bar as having 31 state of the art tv screens for perfect sports fan viewing choices.
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

I will try to go back and check it out but there is so much new stuff going on to checkout; things coming & going , etc!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:12 PM   #5
bakerworld
Grand Villa

The Dolphin lobby has sports on also. They're bar is not in the lobby with roving wait staff and plenty of seating.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa

31 State of the art TVs?
Old 10-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post

Bingo!

I was about to post how great Rix is for watching games.....any game in WDW!

My other go to recommendation is the lounge at the Wave.

My third recommendation is catch an Uber to Buffalo Wild Wings. The savings on food and drinks more then makeup the cost of the Uber. There are two locations, one near the Allstar Resorts, the other by Disney Springs.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:03 AM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
The Dolphin lobby has sports on also. They're bar is not in the lobby with roving wait staff and plenty of seating.

But very loud and echo issues......
Old 10-02-2019, 09:05 AM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
If so -- my other option is Geyser point. How packed is that place on fall Saturdays?

Should not be an issue, in fact is an enjoyable location to watch a game. We were there a few weeks ago and it was maybe at 1/4 capacity.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Should not be an issue, in fact is an enjoyable location to watch a game. We were there a few weeks ago and it was maybe at 1/4 capacity.
good to know -- I'll be staying at VGF, so Geyser point is a little easier to get to than Rix or ESPN.

Did you check out the new offerings at the DVC thing at Wilderness lodge while you were over there?

I was considering doing that as well...but it seems like a lot of people dropped their reservations once they found out about the limited drink offerings.