home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #11
Eli's Nana
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default I'm kinda sad...

While the new bar looks very nice, as does the menu, Mizner's was one of the places I know my husband has so appreciated! He liked to get a nice whiskey and sit out on the veranda with his annual cigar. Any idea if the new patio mentioned will allow this? I am guessing no. As much as I don't like cigars, it was his one vacation ritual.

Do you think the orchestra still be outside of the bar?
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #12
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

I thought Mizners was fine the way it was but I do like what I see so far. I'm usually not fond of specialty drinks because they are usually pretty sugary with not a lot of alcohol. As long as they have a full bar I'll visit.

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:25 PM   #13
eandjmom
One Bedroom

I've never been to Mizner's to know what I missed out on. DH and I are going on our first adults only trip in January and will definitely check this out!!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #14
disneyteach
Grand Villa

I agree that it does seem like it would fit better at the Riviera. I never went to Mizners, so I don't have an opinion either way about its replacement. I do think this menu sounds really good and I woudn't mind trying it out. I don't think just because it is themed after Beauty and the Beast means that it's edging out the adults. It is still a lounge, afterall. I'm an adult who grew up on Beauty and the Beast and I know that movie holds many wonderful memories for adults of drinking age
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:05 PM   #15
Wonderdog4
One Bedroom

I assume that there is a daycare close by so that people can dump off the kids prior to visiting?
Wonderdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #16
E2ME2

looks very nice, but menu is just a little hoity-toity for my tastes
Old 09-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #17
tzb

so it says opening this fall...anyone have an idea WHEN this fall? we will be there in mid-late october.
tzb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #18
Rigby
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderdog4 View Post
I assume that there is a daycare close by so that people can dump off the kids prior to visiting?
There's nothing. And they got rid of the Kids Club's at Polynesian and Contemporary. They really have to fix that!
Old 09-12-2019, 05:57 PM   #19
MMC1
Grand Villa

I agree Mizners was great. Wonder where the name came from. Does anybody know?
Anyway I noticed families with children all the time in this bar. Usually they were nicely dressed and probably waiting for a dinner reservation at the GF. So their families(including the grandparents) enjoyed the music and a drink while children observed and dreamt of the day they would grow up and get to drink too.
I also felt this location catered to the convention or people on business accounts attending meetings at WDW.
I think the location will be larger and more welcoming to all no matter what they call themselves. I also expect the menu to change somewhat.
Any ideas for what would be better ?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #20
Spartan86
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I agree Mizners was great. Wonder where the name came from. Does anybody know?
I think it was this guy:

Addison Cairns Mizner (December 12, 1872 February 5, 1933) was an American resort architect whose Mediterranean Revival and Spanish Colonial Revival style interpretations left an indelible stamp on South Florida, where it continues to inspire architects and land developers.[1] In the 1920s Mizner was the best-known and most-discussed living American architect.[2]:5 Palm Beach, Florida, which he "transformed", was his home, and most of his houses are there. He believed that architecture should also include interior and garden design, and set up Mizner Industries to have a reliable source of components. He was "an architect with a philosophy and a dream."[2]:5 Boca Raton, Florida, began as Mizner's project.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote