home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 07-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #1
Rocket22
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36
Default Gift Card question

Can Disney gift card be used at any location for food? We are planning on going gift cards on lanyards for Food and Wine and not carry much cash. Any restrictions.
Rocket22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 7,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket22 View Post
Can Disney gift card be used at any location for food? We are planning on going gift cards on lanyards for Food and Wine and not carry much cash. Any restrictions.
For F&W, I've never encountered a location that didn't accept Disney Gift Cards.
__________________
Michael
JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 33,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
For F&W, I've never encountered a location that didn't accept Disney Gift Cards.

We have never had an issue using Gift Cards at any of the Epcot booths.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Redhead58
Two Bedroom
 
Redhead58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Appalachia
Posts: 787
Default

I usually use gift cards at Disney for meals, souvenirs, etc.. I have not yet had anyone not take one. I don't like carrying a lot of cash but don't want to put everything on a credit card. Also, I get the discounted gift cards, so I get a break on price.
__________________

BLT
BWV
CCV
Redhead58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
tink711
Add-on Aficionado
 
tink711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
For F&W, I've never encountered a location that didn't accept Disney Gift Cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

We have never had an issue using Gift Cards at any of the Epcot booths.

We use GCs everywhere during F&W and have never had a problem.
__________________

Always dreaming of my next visit ...





tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #6
WDWGoof
Grand Villa
 
WDWGoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,043
Default

Am I the only one afraid to use gift cards for F&W? Too easy for me to lose, especially if wine is involved. I just use my MB and then when I'm at the resort, take the gift card out of safe and post towards my balance at Guest Services.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:24 PM   #7
Carol
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Am I the only one afraid to use gift cards for F&W? Too easy for me to lose, especially if wine is involved. I just use my MB and then when I'm at the resort, take the gift card out of safe and post towards my balance at Guest Services.
That works, of course, but some prefer not to provide a credit card to set up MB charging. To them, gift cards seem safer. Have you thought about punching a hole in the gift card and then attaching it to one of those wrist bracelets? Those seem reasonably secure to me.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #8
WDWGoof
Grand Villa
 
WDWGoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
That works, of course, but some prefer not to provide a credit card to set up MB charging. To them, gift cards seem safer. Have you thought about punching a hole in the gift card and then attaching it to one of those wrist bracelets? Those seem reasonably secure to me.
Actually my Sister did that too and suggested it to me, but I haven't tried it yet.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #9
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
That works, of course, but some prefer not to provide a credit card to set up MB charging. To them, gift cards seem safer. Have you thought about punching a hole in the gift card and then attaching it to one of those wrist bracelets? Those seem reasonably secure to me.
I think I'd do a lanyard for a full size gift card vs the wrist bracelet.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
tkmjie
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
tkmjie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 11
Default Discounted Gift Cards?

Hello,

Stumbled across your post on a thread...wondering if you are willing to share your secret on the discounted gift cards.

Regards,

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead58 View Post
I usually use gift cards at Disney for meals, souvenirs, etc.. I have not yet had anyone not take one. I don't like carrying a lot of cash but don't want to put everything on a credit card. Also, I get the discounted gift cards, so I get a break on price.
__________________
tkmjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software