home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #11
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsquirrel View Post
I understand Congress park we have stayed there, however I am trying to stretch points on a contract so looking at a standard. I believe some people have said the walk from the other walkway can be just as close as the Congress Park walkway depending on where you are going in Springs.
I do not know Saratoga well enough to understand where we were staying but our last time at SSR they placed us in an area where to get to the CP bus stop we had to walk across the road leaving the resort. The rooms were standard - not sure if it was Carousel. We used the Paddock pool area but it was a walk - the Congress quiet pool was closer across that main road.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:35 PM   #12
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

I tend to like Grandstand when not staying at a Preferred location within SSR.

(1) First stop on bus loop for pick-up and drop-off. You can get a seat going to the parks and be the first dropped off, but you do have to take into account the extra time it takes to get to park b/c you do loop entire resort. I think we took 20 min to get to EPCOT one Sunday morning in May.
(2) Close to golf carts if you plan to golf
(3) Close to boat dock if you plan to boat over to Disney Springs
(4) Close to path to walk to DS Westside
(5) Has its own pool that has food/bar attached along w/ resort mug drink dispenser. I don't find this pool to be crowded, but I don't often find it empty either.

Hope this helps!

Feb 2019 VGF
May 2019 VGF
June 2019 BLT
Aug 2019 Celebrity Eclipse to Alaska
Oct 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise -- waitlist
Nov 2019 AKL - tentative
Feb 2020 Disney Fantasy - tentative
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:24 AM   #13
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsquirrel View Post
Because I am trying to use a standard room and I want to be as close as I can to the walk path to studios, would grandstand be the best?

That is where I get confused do you walk towards Springs and then hit the path.

Would the pool area of grandstand be ok? How is the pool there, we liked the one at Congress Park but we go late at night.
Yes, you would ask for Grandstand. Itís hard to describe but you leave Grandstand like you are going to Carriage House but you turn right before you get to CH like you are going to lower side of the CH toward boat dock. I think there is a golf pro shop down there? My best suggestion is that when you arrive at SSR, ask one of the BS CMs who will be outside the resort to point out to you which way to go. If you have them take you to your room in a golf cart, you can also ask them to do a drive by and point out where the path starts.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #14
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Yes, you would ask for Grandstand. Itís hard to describe but you leave Grandstand like you are going to Carriage House but you turn right before you get to CH like you are going to lower side of the CH toward boat dock. I think there is a golf pro shop down there? My best suggestion is that when you arrive at SSR, ask one of the BS CMs who will be outside the resort to point out to you which way to go. If you have them take you to your room in a golf cart, you can also ask them to do a drive by and point out where the path starts.
We stayed at the Grandstand twice and the walk over to DS wasn't long plus it placed us in the part of DS we were most interested - altho it's a long walk to Rainforest, if that's a focus.