home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #51
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
There are just two of us as well, but 3 nights just isn't even worth unpacking a suitcase for me.
If for some reason I ended up on a 3 night (almost one a 3 night on Who Wants to be a Millionaire at DHS!), I would treat it as a non-port trip. You only get 2 full days on the ship. I couldn't fathom that.

Dirk
Old 08-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #52
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
My goal is to sail on every Disney ship, but so far, my roster will be 3 Magic and 2 Fantasy. I can see a 4 night on the Dream coupled with a WDW stay. Don't know that I'll ever got on the Wonder at this point unless we do a Panama Canal some day!

Don't fall behind......you have three new ships coming starting in 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #53
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I really should have taken a little more time before I booked. Oh well! I still have time to correct that teensy little mistake!
We sailed a 3 night Baja cruise out of San Diego. It was plenty long enough. Took our adult son and daughter- in - law for their first cruise.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #54
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Don't fall behind......you have three new ships coming starting in 2021, 2022 and 2023.
I know, I know. I also want to do a Celebrity TA and a Holland America 2 week Norway cruise. I'm never going to get this done!! Fortunately, we're at a point where we can probably do a cruise a year if we alternate between big and small.

Dirk
Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #55
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We sailed a 3 night Baja cruise out of San Diego. It was plenty long enough. Took our adult son and daughter- in - law for their first cruise.
I love boats, and I love the water! He can just suck it up this once and do it for me. But seriously, I think he will enjoy it once we get there. I just donít think he will ever be up for a really long cruise. So I definitely wouldnít do more than 4 nights for a trial run.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #56
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
There are just two of us as well, but 3 nights just isn't even worth unpacking a suitcase for me.
I usually live out of the suitcase if it's less than a 3/4 day cruise. Put the dirty clothes in the laundry bag and throw it back in the suitcase on the last night of the cruise. Easy peasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
The double dip cruises..... we spent a good part of Saturday looking at the bookings for 2019.
I'm looking too. I know we'll do at least one cruise next year, I just don't know what. And having the WDW AP's for next year are limiting the amount of cruising we'll do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I've got the Magic left and I'll be ready for the 3 new ones. I just wish the Magic would come to PC, it much easier to drive there than Miami.
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #57
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
I usually live out of the suitcase if it's less than a 3/4 day cruise. Put the dirty clothes in the laundry bag and throw it back in the suitcase on the last night of the cruise. Easy peasy.

I'm looking too. I know we'll do at least one cruise next year, I just don't know what. And having the WDW AP's for next year are limiting the amount of cruising we'll do.

I've got the Magic left and I'll be ready for the 3 new ones. I just wish the Magic would come to PC, it much easier to drive there than Miami.
Iíve been whining about this cruise since last year. While we were at WDW in November, DH bought an AP. I think that was supposed to shut me up about the cruise. He should know me better than that! Now he gets a trip with me Nov Ď18, and a cruise Nov Ď19! I win!
Old 08-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #58
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I know, I know. I also want to do a Celebrity TA and a Holland America 2 week Norway cruise. I'm never going to get this done!! Fortunately, we're at a point where we can probably do a cruise a year if we alternate between big and small.

Dirk

I am falling behind too.....I had to cancel two cruises for 2019. Continued fallout from hurricanes Irma and Maria.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:57 PM   #59
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Iíve been whining about this cruise since last year. While we were at WDW in November, DH bought an AP. I think that was supposed to shut me up about the cruise. He should know me better than that! Now he gets a trip with me Nov Ď18, and a cruise Nov Ď19! I win!
Super bonus for you!
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #60
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
Super bonus for you!
Iím super excited!