home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2020, 11:06 AM   #151
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
But I can pop in here anytime and get a recap of any new information. So y’all get to enjoy the vlogs/blogs/additional websites that you appreciate, and I get the pertinent info. Win-win.
No worries. I wasn’t trying to convince you! They aren’t everybody’s thing - but they are a part of the larger Disney fan community that feeds the conversation, and she is one of the standards. She also has her detractors, for sure, but mostly because she doens’t come down harshly on Disney.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #152
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I like Tim Tracker. I don’t watch everything he does, but if it’s a topic that interests me (like a party visit or something), I’ll choose him over somebody else.

Yeah, DFB gets repetitive. I can see how her bias shows through on occasion, but I think overall she tries to be evenhanded so that the viewer can make their own decision.

She will definitely point out things she thinks are subpar or unpopular, so it’s not all Pixie Dust and Disney Can Do No Wrong, but I think she’s very careful (or diplomatic!) so she doesn’t lose access. Disney will definitely treat the more favorable bloggers as media, while blocking out any blog or vlog that become critical.

Dirk
Indeed. I think we agree on all the points. Thus, why I have watched all her stuff. What I really love about her style is they way she can down-vote something, but then, diplomatically say that is her opinion and there is no wrong viewpoint. "This isn't my jam, but hey, it might yours! Let us know below." (in the comments).

One thing Tim Tracker and DFB have in common is to get so excited over every tiny insignificant aspect of what they are reviewing. Always makes me laugh, especially Tim.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:23 AM   #153
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

DFB: They never show who they are so they do not get special treatment when buying food. I happened to see a segment when she reported that.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:24 AM   #154
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Love AJ and DFB, lots of good info, but after awhile, it does become somewhat repetitive. But great info for newbies.
I LOVE the Tim Tracker and jen. I watch his vlogs daily, or safe several, and watch on weekend. Funny too, because DH can't stand them. at all.....
I really appreciate when they go to other parks: Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, etc. and he's done quite a few on just other touristy places, like Gatorland. Since there's SO much Disney content out there, very nice to have some info on other parks.
Ditto the dis unplugged guys. They also go to Universal and report from ther,e so that's appreciated.
Really enjoy Molly from Allears.net. Check her videos out too if y'all haven't. She is fun.
Definitely have to like the voice/presentation. have tried others who just get on my nerves
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:38 AM   #155
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
DFB: They never show who they are so they do not get special treatment when buying food. I happened to see a segment when she reported that.
Not the only reason. Can you imagine her trying to cruise WDW and do her business if her fans recognized her?!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:40 AM   #156
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Not the only reason. Can you imagine her trying to cruise WDW and do her business if her fans recognized her?!
Very true. I've seen a couple others that live stream and they have a huge crowd following them. AJ gave the reason for no special treatment which is very PC...don't want to tick off any fans.

Their info would be amazing for first timers. DD loves her lists for the festivals at Epcot.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #157
hilaw
Grand Villa

following this wide thread drift.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #158
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Back on track....what opens this week?
World of Disney and Disney owned establishments?
27th.

I don’t think there are large crowds so far.